Post Thanks / Like

Reversing-Light switched power feed for backup camera... Help?

Hello,

I wondered if anyone could help me.

I want to install a back-up camera, and need to find a power feed around the driver's position / dash / console that would be switched on only when the reversing lights are / Reverse is engaged. Any ideas how I can find such?

Thanks - D
    '05 Magnum RT with JBA short gas-flowed manifolds and Sports CATs, MagnaFlow Street CAT-back system, Volant Cool Air Induction kit,
    DiabloSport ECU programmer with HighHorsePerformance custom tune, Z-Automotive TranZformer gearbox controller, PCV oil catch-can,
    Fastman 82mm throttle body, Setina nudge bar, Depo projector headlights, variant Frankencooler twin oil coolers set for towing

Post Thanks / Like
    I just installed my backup camera two weeks ago. You can do it all in the trunk, use the reverse light wire or you can search for the green and white wire in the kick panel on the passenger side(so Ive heard)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairport, NY One retired Magnum RT, two 300s still going.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going by an old memory... there's one in the bundle of wires behind the front passenger kick panel. Sorry I can't be more definitive, maybe someone else remembers which wire color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Under and to the right of the rear power distribution module (fuse box) there is the wires that are connected to for the trailer hookup. The white / light green wire is the reverse wire.

Another option is the output included with the lockpick.

Good luck.

Fairport, NY One retired Magnum RT, two 300s still going.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found the link that will tell you which wire... Backup Camera Reverse Light Circuit Dash Location Found

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Post #10 in that link is where I grabbed my signal from.

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300)