Post Thanks / Like

Cat Converter question

Hi,
    2007 Magnum SRT8.

I'm talking to my mechanic and he tells me the check engine light is on because the Ox sensor is falling out of the nut that it is attached to. He says the nut where it fastens in it so rusted it can not be attached. The nut is just hanging on.
    Here is my ?
    Can you replace that area where the Ox sensor is or do you have to replace the whole pipe it is attached to from manifold on down?
    Thanks,
    BQ
    1970 Torino SCJ
    2007 Magnum SRT 8

Post Thanks / Like
    Exhaust shop should be able to repair but it might be easier to buy a new pipe if its rusted out, its all one piece.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | SRT Max Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    time to go catless mid pipes...lo0l
    Likes jerrytotin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They sell new O2 bungs for very cheap. Any exhaust shop on the planet should be able to cut the old rusty bung off, and weld in a new one. the fact that your "mechanic" hasn't thought of this $15 solution would have me worried.

o2 sensor bung | eBay

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd weld up the old bung, install a new one and get a new 02 sensor and be done with it. I got a bung at my local exhaust shop for 5.00. Cheap stuff. Cheap fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk