Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well still looking for a 5.7 short or long block.Get this,true story.The seller was cool enough to film the motor running in the car,up to temp ect.After the first two walk arounds of the 300c,he started it the third time and dropped a valve lol.WTH?He called right after and was blown away.Offered me a 5.7 out of a low mile Rumble Bee to replace the one he was going to send and made a bunch more offers to make it right.Thinking I'm going to get the refund and look around closer to home.
    SOLD 2005 Magnum R/T PEL Inferno Red,Flowmaster CB,3865 SC,BT pink thingy, Afe CAI,CSRT wheels w/BT 3mm spacers,BT shifter ball,Lower baffle mod,245/275 staggered BFG Sport Comp 2's,front license plate mod,Arrington catch can

NEW 2005 Magnum R/T Bright Silver Metallic,Flowmaster Delta CB,K&N CAI,Lower baffle mod,DS Intune,SRT Bilsteins/coils.....Dropped Valve...6.1 springs,pushrods,chain/tensioner,damper,ARP fasteners,Sidewinder cam

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, talk about dodging a bullet. Glad it worked out that way instead of that happening to you right after you installed it. Maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket If I ever buy a used car with a pre-Eagle hemi in it, I would factor in new valve seats into the purchase. I bet with age and miles the likelihood of dropping a valve seat increases.
    2006 Black Magnum RT AWD - Sidewinder Cam * Ported Heads * Edelbrock Shorty Headers * Cherry Bomb Vortex Cat Back * SLP Dual-Wall tips * Volant CAI * Diablo Trinity * Johan Tune * KW V2 * 2013 Dodge Charger 19" AWD Wheels *

2010 Black Jeep Commander Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that the truth lol.What a month.I may have asked this,don't remember....but can you use a 09 and up shortblock in an 05?I know the heads ect are different,I'm asking just get a 09 or newer short block and put all my 05 parts (intake,heads ect)on the newer motor.Even if the cam needed to be swapped.Just was looking at keeping MDS,bUT don't have to.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as swapping an Eagle 5.7 into your car, about the only thing I know is that you'll probably have to turn off vvt to run in your car. There are far more knowledgeable people on here than me so I hope someone can step up and give you the right information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I finally got a minute of free time to stab the motor last night.I can tell you this,i pulled the heads to inspect the motor initially so I had no idea how involved it was to reinstall the engine with the heads.I also made the mistake of putting on the exhaust manifolds before install.After my helper left we were no further and the engine was back on the stand,i decided to give it another shot by myself.I pulled the driver side manifold,and being careful got it in by myself.This is with the whole front clip,radiator ect still on the car.I did pull the windshield cowling.So is there a easier way to install the drivers side manifold then how it looks?I still have the Miller tool and the intake is still off.I have the motor mount studs just sitting in their holes so that I can raise the engine if that's easier.Doesnt look one bit fun.Any advice from experience?Thanks for any and all input.Took tommoro off so that I have 3 days to button things up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Off topic, Rancho Nipomo BBQ is the bomb!!!!
    Sorry. Got excited when I saw Nipomo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Off topic, Rancho Nipomo BBQ is the bomb!!!!
    Sorry. Got excited when I saw Nipomo.
    Hahaha!I agree.Me and the wife have only been once,but it was damn good.We only moved here from Arroyo Grande (9 min away)about 2 years ago.Havent tried everything I'm town yet.Next time your in town lets go!I live about 2 miles from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Defiantly mount the exhaust manifolds, but not with the outlet studs/ bolts on them. That wasn't a mistake.

I pulled the front radiator assembly out and the front "other stuff" and leveled everything before going back. Pay close attention to mating it to the trans. and TQ. Level it first.
    I remember having clearance issues with wiring looms on the firewalls, but giggled it in. I did the motor mounts after. Wish I could be there to assist.
    Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
    FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, 383 Stroker/SRT heads,headers and mids,, Tranny cooler with fan control, built tranny/flex plate/4K conv,09 Chally rear with Quaife posi. Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
    Just a grocery getter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal'sMag View Post
    Defiantly mount the exhaust manifolds, but not with the outlet studs/ bolts on them. That wasn't a mistake.

I pulled the front radiator assembly out and the front "other stuff" and leveled everything before going back. Pay close attention to mating it to the trans. and TQ. Level it first.
    I remember having clearance issues with wiring looms on the firewalls, but giggled it in. I did the motor mounts after. Wish I could be there to assist.
    Hey buddy,wish you were also.The motor is actually already in,but I had to pull the driver side to make it happen.Its bolted to the trans with a few bell housing bolts and the motor mount studs are just sitting in their holes,not bolted in.Would you yank it back out and install the manifold,or try to snake it in with the motor in place as it is now?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread