Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work at a Dodge dealership and I know you can get the SRT front end and hood without the 392 engine. Saw one 2 weeks ago and had to take a second look. At first I thought it was an SRT but it only had the 3.6 V6.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Dr. View Post
    I work at a Dodge dealership and I know you can get the SRT front end and hood without the 392 engine. Saw one 2 weeks ago and had to take a second look. At first I thought it was an SRT but it only had the 3.6 V6.

Well that is horribly disappointing.

One of my friends just parked one in her garage last week, I'm itching for an excuse to sneak by and check it out!
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I need one of these to park next to my Scat. Could replace the DD 15yr old Durango.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker
    Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl
    Black / Ruby Suede/Nappa Leather
    Likes Zodiac liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Well that is horribly disappointing.

One of my friends just parked one in her garage last week, I'm itching for an excuse to sneak by and check it out!
    Yea, I was disappoint too but as a marketing point of view, they took a page from the Charger when they made the lower trim models look like an SRT. Takes away the SRT unique look but it will sell more Durangos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I was disappoint too but as a marketing point of view, they took a page from the Charger when they made the lower trim models look like an SRT. Takes away the SRT unique look but it will sell more Durangos.
    Indeed for FCA it makes perfect sense, for Mopar/muscle car enthusiasts it's a blow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawyzf View Post
    I need one of these to park next to my Scat. Could replace the DD 15yr old Durango.

I agree with this! We were gonna order an 18 R/T AWD in B5 blue to compliment the scat pack. The R/T looks pretty much just like the SRT now with the upgrades. In the end we didn't need a 3 row V8 SUV, so we settled on a Jeep GC Altitude 4x4. It seems we have the same taste in cars.... remember you from the G8 boards.
    Likes Rawyzf liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    I agree with this! We were gonna order an 18 R/T AWD in B5 blue to compliment the scat pack. The R/T looks pretty much just like the SRT now with the upgrades. In the end we didn't need a 3 row V8 SUV, so we settled on a Jeep GC Altitude 4x4. It seems we have the same taste in cars.... remember you from the G8 boards.
    Which is funny because that's one of the key things that caught the wife's eye with the Durango.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw this R/T yesterday. $57k MSRP.

Click this link to see Photobucket images again!

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
    Likes dfuzz78, Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Ah yes, how can you forget a name like Zodiac! Hope all is well!

It is funny, we have similar tastes. I wanted the wife to get an SRT Jeep, since our CX9 is now 7yrs old and we stopped with 1 kid. No need for 3 rows in the family hauler.

She's liking the Jaguar F Pace, but I'm still trying to work her over to Mopar.

I really like this new Durango, but my DD will be a turd for a long time to come. Don't get me wrong though, I really enjoy my first Gen Durango. I can't afford 2 nice vehicle just for me.

Post Thanks / Like

What a buzz kill but I'm looking at it from the other point of view I'm sure the bulk of soccer moms can care less about the engine size but want the better styling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

That was an R/T with a 5.7 Hemi.

R/T's share the new style grille and hood as the SRT.

The SRT has the 392.

I just test drove a 5.7 R/T Blacktop Edition... While It's not a slouch, I'd prefer the SRT 392 version.

Just fyi, I have a Daytona 392 to compare!
    Last edited by dfuzz78; 10-12-2017 at 05:26 PM.
    2017 Daytona 392 in Pitch Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, you can also get the R/T with the 3.6?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can get the new hood (with vents) with the v6 but not the new front end look. To get both you need the R/T trim at the least. Check out a dealer website to see pics. The dealer I work for is www.billluke.com. Click on new cars then filter/sort to see the new 2018 Durangos. At first you will see general pics but get to the bottom and you will see real pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to go to dodge.com to see for myself and came to the same conclusion. R/T is a 5.7. But you can get the SRT hood as an option on the GT package.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White Ops R/T View Post
    Wait, you can also get the R/T with the 3.6?!?
    From what I was told at the dealership, you can... But my dealership is a bunch of morons...

Update: I just checked and my dealership are a bunch of morons!

R/T is 5.7
    Last edited by dfuzz78; 10-12-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12