Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing way too many people on Instagram with Scats passing them off as full SRT’s and it’s pretty lame if you ask me. You have to pay to play, end of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05 Magnum AWD SXT Hemi Swap
    instagram.com/hemisxt
    Thanks ronan978 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsSXT View Post
    Seeing way too many people on Instagram with Scats passing them off as full SRT’s and it’s pretty lame if you ask me. You have to pay to play, end of story.

Amen!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekielguy86 View Post
    I got everything I wanted in the Scat leather/suede, heated/cooled seats, blind spot monitor, back up cam, parking sensors, remote start, and sunroof, minus the beats system which really wasn't that big of a deal for less than 40K. So for that money I couldn't see getting the suspension the SRT has and the larger brakes. But those things can very well be important to someone that need or wants them.
    Sounds like mine except no sunroof or Beats... Granite Crystal & Dynamics package. Traded my 10 Challenger & 14 Cadillac ATS. Walked out of the dealer for $6k out of pocket. Took a bath on the Caddy, made out on the Challenger & saved $$ on sales tax.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    Likes Ezekielguy86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you guys care what others do to their cars?

Besides, "upbadging" is as old as hotrodding. I still see tons of Camaro SS, z28, and IROC clones from every generation of camaro. Mustang guys do it too. Buy a cheap V6 camaro, new wheels, and SS badges, and boom....instant SS. I don't care for it and wouldn't do it, but I don't care if anyone else does. The true fans know what you're really driving anyways, and the non-fans probably don't care.
    Likes juiceman1833 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I even know a guy that has a Tesla 75 and he upbadged it to a P85D. When I had a '99 Cobra, I hated seeing V6 Mustangs with Cobra emblems. It wasn't that bad when it was a GT that had upgraded performance to that of a Cobra, but still. Just call it a fast GT.
    2016 Charger SRT TorRed
    Stock

2008 Caliber SRT4 Inferno Red - SOLD
    14.091@105.93 (2.327 60 ft.)
    MS1K v.2, MPx catted DP, K&N drop-in, NGK plugs, RT 180, Mopar hitch, new short block @ 82,000

2007 300C SRT8 Inferno Red
    12.77@110.71 (2.003 60 ft.)
    AFE CAI, Predator 93 CAI, Magnaflow gutted high-flow cats, Stack intake spacer, BBK 85mm TB, JET 188, Proxes 4 275/40ZR20
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post

Besides, "upbadging" is as old as hotrodding. I still see tons of Camaro SS, z28, and IROC clones from every generation of camaro. Mustang guys do it too. Buy a cheap V6 camaro, new wheels, and SS badges, and boom....instant SS. I don't care for it and wouldn't do it, but I don't care if anyone else does. The true fans know what you're really driving anyways, and the non-fans probably don't care.
    I could GAS less what anyone does with their car.... But, all this up badging, fake HP crap, fart mufflers, turbo sounds etc tells me that the owner is a "Want to be".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post

Not that I care, I just think it's retardedAnyone who bought Scatpack regret not getting SRT? what's the point , to impress people ? Like a wad of singles wrapped in a 100, sorry gay!! My opinion, nobody has to like it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Likes punisher69, tokinmoenugz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsSXT View Post

Well, in all fairness, the engine cover does state "Powered By SRT". So putting SRT on the rear is not a lie. Don't see where he states it is an SRT model.
    2016 White SP, American Racing wheels, BT catch can, 35% tint, K&N drop in filter, debadged trunk

2014 100 Anniversary SXT, black on black, tint, K&N drop in filter

"It's not about top speed. It's about getting to speed quickly, loudly, and with a big smile on my face." Me
    Likes silver scat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    true I guess, who cares anyways...
    since I'm here anyhow, to the original question, sometimes I guess.... until I think about how much extra it really is for what you get... not that it's a terrible deal just not really for me. The ones locally show about $55k and at the same time they have a yellow 17 daytona on the lot for $39k. I'm not math wiz but that seems to a big difference $16k... That being said, I also saw recently one of the dealers has a 16 new mango SRT with some nice options listed at $48k... if that came down a little more I might consider it but still, $8k more is a lot, 20%? ... same motor and body... just saying, tough to beat the SP because of price and even some of the daytona deals around... I can live without leather and adjustable suspension, tazer gives you their drive modes, what else is really missing? black roof who cares it can be wrapped or get a daytona, harmon kardon would be nice, not much else really different? Look at the sales numbers, if I recall they sold a lot more SP's over SRT's.. must be a reason why?
    '16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yea, brakes and rims.... you can essentially get the SRT brakes and very similar rims with the dynamic package or daytona package...

Post Thanks / Like
    ok just read the entire thread lol...
    guess that explains the sales numbers?

the real question is at what price would you/we all buy SRT's over SP's? just curious as I kept looking at that 16 for $48k thinking they might take less... at some point it would make sense. I also agree on not having the newer 17 uconnect however starting with a 16 brand new with my high mileage would actually help. I usually try to wait until the end of the year and get a leftover one so when I'm done in 2 years it doesn't seem such high mileage lol... I DD about 35k a year so I have to try and minimize the damage when I can lol...

I bought my 16 the last day of the year and I'm at 26k. by the end of next year I'll be ready for a leftover 18 SP or daytona... maybe that F8....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123