Post Thanks / Like

06' Charger Problem: Chimes w/o Key in Ignition and Dash Indicates Key is In

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger RT and when i remove the key from the ignition, the "Key is in ignition" chime begins when the door is open. Sometimes the factory lock/unlock do not work. Also, my after-market alarm stopped working altogether. On the dash, it states "Key in."

After doing some research, it appears that maybe something with the ignition switch/relay/actuator pin/cylinder lock may be causing the problem but i can't seem to find anything on the forums. Everything that keeps popping up is for 08's regarding the inability to start the car.

The best thread i could find was Driver side door chimes when open. No key in ignnition. WTF? , however there was no solution determined.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms? Any suggestions for trouble shooting?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have. Mine does it. Replace it. Problem solved.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Previous

'10
    Charger 3.5 (STORM!) (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 Hurrache (Hurricane) (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 Alexis Mercy Mercer (Mercer) R/T Police Package (Taken) but not forgotten

'05 Chrysler 5.7 300C "Hemmissy"
    @Hemmissy_300C

Post Thanks / Like
    which part of the ignition did you replace? Also, what type of symptoms did you experience? Did it effect your alarm? battery draw? etc?
    Last edited by slconde; 04-16-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be your after market alarm also

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the same alarm for nearly 9 years. Not saying you are wrong but I find it hard to believe that my alarm is now barely experiencing problems. Any idea how to trouble shoot that?