Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Hemi compression test write-up?????

Bud. Remember I was offering to send you a throttle body to try FOR FREE so you don’t need to cop a attitude. I am just trying to help.
    You have threads in broke pistons. Broke valve seats ect. I am lost what your problems are

I am just telling you. You can throw mud at a wall but until it sticks it is mud. I hate to see people just piss money away trying stuff. It is one thing if you can afford to. If you can. Then continue on. If not then you need to reevaluate what you are doing

For starters why not recap where you are with things? That might be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    Bud. Remember I was offering to send you a throttle body to try FOR FREE so you don’t need to cop a attitude. I am just trying to help.
    You have threads in broke pistons. Broke valve seats ect. I am lost what your problems are

I am just telling you. You can throw mud at a wall but until it sticks it is mud. I hate to see people just piss money away trying stuff. It is one thing if you can afford to. If you can. Then continue on. If not then you need to reevaluate what you are doing

For starters why not recap where you are with things? That might be helpful

Don't take my response the wrong way

Yes, I remember your offer. I am not slouching on the fact that you were very generous with it. That I won't forget and I'm still very appreciative of.

However, None of those Threads such as the Pistons, Valve Seat "head", or anything are tied together. They are all DIFFERENT TOPICS.

Yes, they are related given Valve seats ruin pistons and heads. Those threads stemmed from curiosity. At time those threads were created, the car had been well past put together and running.

Nonetheless, I do not like being told that I don't know what I'm doing because I'm asking questions. I"m not sure if thats misconstrued because of text or the many questions. My questions and posts are for advice unless I specifically say something like I'm at my wits end with said topic.

RECAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>..

Dropped a valve.
    Smacked the piston.
    Replaced the intake
    Replaced both heads
    Replaced the headgasket
    Replaced Piston, rings , and bearings
    Cylinder wall untouched > Cross hatching still within cylinders full length
    Replaced Oil
    Replaced Coolant
    Replaced Head bolts
    Reinstalled hoses, lines, connectors, bolts, screws, etc

Drove for 2 weeks without issue

Replaced headgasket again because I found coolant and oil mixed >> headgasket had defects from the manufacturer seen once removed

Heads, Valves, Seats, Pistons, Block, Dowell Pins, Passage ways, Rocker arms, Pushrods, valve cover gaskets, spark plug gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, and egr gasket were all PERFECT

Won't stay running, Rough running condition if stayed running

Fuel pressure, wires, cords, connectors, tubes, hoses, lines, spark, signals, throttle body, codes, etc were all checked own my own. ALL CHECKED OUT FINE

TAKEN TO THE DEALERSHIP TO A HIGHLY QUALIFIED MECHANIC
    Tested everything I tested and read the car with a scan tool. I was told that nothing looked off and was suggested that a compression test be done.

I then came to the forum in hopes that someone could just confirm my knowledge of what numbers I needed.

I've never needed to do a compression test. HOWEVER, I know how to perform one correctly.

This thread was supposed to be strictly for / about people looking for numbers on a good standing hemi.

It was not to be directed towards my car specifically even though it is why I created the thread.
    Previous

'10
    Charger 3.5 (STORM!) (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 Hurrache (Hurricane) (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 Alexis Mercy Mercer (Mercer) R/T Police Package (Taken) but not forgotten

'05 Chrysler 5.7 300C "Hemmissy"
    @Hemmissy_300C

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Good now we r somewhere
    If I was a betting guy. When the valve seat broke did you replace the head or the valve seat?
    I am gusssing either you have a warped/ cracked head from the overheat issue or a crack in the block somewhere
    But that is just guessing on your info

Post Thanks / Like
    Also. Did you post something about having issues bleeding the coolant system after the motor was back together?

Post Thanks / Like

Hemi compression test write-up?????

The info on the compression test,

Remove one spark plug from each cylinder

Wedge open throttle body blade

Remove starter relay

Hook compression gauge up

Jump these pins where the starter relay was

Crank for 4 revolutions.

Record

Repeat

Reassemble

Beer

Not sure if I missed anything it’s been a while.

The actual number is not as important as similarities between cylinders unless it is very low

For reference my engine was 185-190 across all but I have seen others say 150s and 160s

Likes Kid_Storm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Now go do a leakdown with a mechanics stethoscope and you’ll be a pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Test complete...

Update soon...

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123