Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did you determine the first head gasket failure? Didn’t have these symptoms right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    iirc you’ve had a valve seat drop before, and a big issue with a previous motor swap? Is this a whole separate engine/car? I assume these are different heads and you did not reuse the intake manifold like advised to others many many many times before.

    What’s the story here?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hempstead, Tx
    Posts
    872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by CUUDA; 01-13-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    Battleship Bismarck
    2008 SRT8 Charger, Stockish!!
    2007 SXT Magnum
    2001 Ram 4x4
    2001 Town & Country Limited
    1999 Ram 1500 swb
    1998 2dr Neon Highline 5sp

    I know your FAST cause I was Hauln' Azz when I passed you!

    Member, Space City LX
    IG, oo_silversrt_oo


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    How did you determine the first head gasket failure? Didn’t have these symptoms right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The first on my ownership, I went and did some hooning. Dropped a seat, of course the gasket went with. It had the usual, won't start won't run, issue of a dropped seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    iirc you’ve had a valve seat drop before, and a big issue with a previous motor swap? Is this a whole separate engine/car? I assume these are different heads and you did not reuse the intake manifold like advised to others many many many times before.

    What’s the story here?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a dropped seat prior to purchase and the recent one back a few months ago. Same engine, same car. Different heads Everytime. Different intake as well. I've overheated it once but it didn't cause a seat to drop nor did I overheat it for minutes. It was merely seconds and mm over the halfway mark because of one extremely hot day in the 100s here. I stopped the car and stopped driving.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Previous

    '10
    Charger 3.5 (STORM!) (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 Hurrache (Hurricane) (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 Alexis Mercy Mercer (Mercer) R/T Police Package (Taken) but not forgotten

    '05 Chrysler 5.7 300C "Hemmissy"
    @Hemmissy_300C



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like
    🤦🏻*♂️ I am lost lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I meant to put my question on his other thread titled head gasket failure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    🤦🏻*♂️ I am lost lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As far as?

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy said you posted in another forum you sold them car?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    The guy said you posted in another forum you sold them car?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. Must've been the wrong person

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    996
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, I hate to say it. But take it to a shop. I’ve seen 4 or 5 posts about this SAME CAR! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING! PLEASE STOP!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hempstead, Tx
    Posts
    872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrytotin View Post
    Dude, I hate to say it. But take it to a shop. I’ve seen 4 or 5 posts about this SAME CAR! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING! PLEASE STOP!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrytotin View Post
    Dude, I hate to say it. But take it to a shop. I’ve seen 4 or 5 posts about this SAME CAR! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING! PLEASE STOP!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up????? thanks for your suggestion!!! I'll do as you say master!!! Youre paying right? I'll await the transfer!

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    996
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Storm View Post
    Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up????? thanks for your suggestion!!! I'll do as you say master!!! Youre paying right? I'll await the transfer!

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    With all the money you’ve wasted so far you could’ve already taken it to a shop. And since apparently you’ve done all the work you’ve wasted all of your own time parts and money for the cost of the parts and now you’re in the same position as before. I’m only making a suggestion ,but I’ve seen this post a lot and you’re not getting any help from anybody because I don’t think you know what you’re doing. You’ve clearly screwed something up and now you’re trying to fix it but you don’t know even know what you did.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    703
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just confused on what did you originally do. Was it something with a busted valve seat? If I was you I would send the car off to someone . Look I appreciate the fact you want to do it yourself. Trust me society in general needs to learn more of this. But at some point you need to know when to let go and have someone else. If you can’t afford to then let it sit till you can. Tinker but don’t sink money into something more than you already have without knowing what you are in for.
    Trust me. I get it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hampton Roads
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    I am just confused on what did you originally do. Was it something with a busted valve seat? If I was you I would send the car off to someone . Look I appreciate the fact you want to do it yourself. Trust me society in general needs to learn more of this. But at some point you need to know when to let go and have someone else. If you can’t afford to then let it sit till you can. Tinker but don’t sink money into something more than you already have without knowing what you are in for.
    Trust me. I get it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrytotin View Post
    With all the money you’ve wasted so far you could’ve already taken it to a shop. And since apparently you’ve done all the work you’ve wasted all of your own time parts and money for the cost of the parts and now you’re in the same position as before. I’m only making a suggestion ,but I’ve seen this post a lot and you’re not getting any help from anybody because I don’t think you know what you’re doing. You’ve clearly screwed something up and now you’re trying to fix it but you don’t know even know what you did.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    You both are absolutely correct. I will sit down, wait until I have a few thousand dollars, and give it all to the dealer to fix my issue. Thank you!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •