Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did you determine the first head gasket failure? Didn’t have these symptoms right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    iirc you’ve had a valve seat drop before, and a big issue with a previous motor swap? Is this a whole separate engine/car? I assume these are different heads and you did not reuse the intake manifold like advised to others many many many times before.

What’s the story here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by CUUDA; 01-13-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    Battleship Bismarck
    2008 SRT8 Charger, Stockish!!
    2007 SXT Magnum
    2001 Ram 4x4
    2001 Town & Country Limited
    1999 Ram 1500 swb
    1998 2dr Neon Highline 5sp

I know your FAST cause I was Hauln' Azz when I passed you!

Member, Space City LX
    IG, oo_silversrt_oo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    How did you determine the first head gasket failure? Didn’t have these symptoms right?

The first on my ownership, I went and did some hooning. Dropped a seat, of course the gasket went with. It had the usual, won't start won't run, issue of a dropped seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    iirc you’ve had a valve seat drop before, and a big issue with a previous motor swap? Is this a whole separate engine/car? I assume these are different heads and you did not reuse the intake manifold like advised to others many many many times before.

What’s the story here?

I had a dropped seat prior to purchase and the recent one back a few months ago. Same engine, same car. Different heads Everytime. Different intake as well. I've overheated it once but it didn't cause a seat to drop nor did I overheat it for minutes. It was merely seconds and mm over the halfway mark because of one extremely hot day in the 100s here. I stopped the car and stopped driving.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Previous

'10
    Charger 3.5 (STORM!) (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 Hurrache (Hurricane) (Engine)
    '10 Charger 5.7 Alexis Mercy Mercer (Mercer) R/T Police Package (Taken) but not forgotten

'05 Chrysler 5.7 300C "Hemmissy"
    @Hemmissy_300C

Post Thanks / Like
    🤦🏻*♂️ I am lost lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I meant to put my question on his other thread titled head gasket failure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us1champ View Post
    🤦🏻*♂️ I am lost lol

As far as?

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy said you posted in another forum you sold them car?

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy said you posted in another forum you sold them car?

No. Must've been the wrong person

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, I hate to say it. But take it to a shop. I’ve seen 4 or 5 posts about this SAME CAR! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING! PLEASE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrytotin View Post
    Dude, I hate to say it. But take it to a shop. I’ve seen 4 or 5 posts about this SAME CAR! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING! PLEASE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up????? thanks for your suggestion!!! I'll do as you say master!!! Youre paying right? I'll await the transfer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Storm View Post
    Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up?????Hemi compression test write-up????? thanks for your suggestion!!! I'll do as you say master!!! Youre paying right? I'll await the transfer!

With all the money you’ve wasted so far you could’ve already taken it to a shop. And since apparently you’ve done all the work you’ve wasted all of your own time parts and money for the cost of the parts and now you’re in the same position as before. I’m only making a suggestion ,but I’ve seen this post a lot and you’re not getting any help from anybody because I don’t think you know what you’re doing. You’ve clearly screwed something up and now you’re trying to fix it but you don’t know even know what you did.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just confused on what did you originally do. Was it something with a busted valve seat? If I was you I would send the car off to someone . Look I appreciate the fact you want to do it yourself. Trust me society in general needs to learn more of this. But at some point you need to know when to let go and have someone else. If you can’t afford to then let it sit till you can. Tinker but don’t sink money into something more than you already have without knowing what you are in for.
    Trust me. I get it

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just confused on what did you originally do. Was it something with a busted valve seat? If I was you I would send the car off to someone . Look I appreciate the fact you want to do it yourself. Trust me society in general needs to learn more of this. But at some point you need to know when to let go and have someone else. If you can’t afford to then let it sit till you can. Tinker but don’t sink money into something more than you already have without knowing what you are in for.
    Trust me. I get it

With all the money you’ve wasted so far you could’ve already taken it to a shop. And since apparently you’ve done all the work you’ve wasted all of your own time parts and money for the cost of the parts and now you’re in the same position as before. I’m only making a suggestion ,but I’ve seen this post a lot and you’re not getting any help from anybody because I don’t think you know what you’re doing. You’ve clearly screwed something up and now you’re trying to fix it but you don’t know even know what you did.

You both are absolutely correct. I will sit down, wait until I have a few thousand dollars, and give it all to the dealer to fix my issue. Thank you!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast