Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Of course my child's safety comes first and I'll do whatever it take to make sure he's safe. I was just looking for suggestions for a new dad.
    I'm thinking of swinging by the local fire department. From what I'm told they take a special course on how to install and secure a car seat properly and can show me how.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
    Simple, put it in the center position rear facing. Most states require that by lay anyway. There are already LATCH© bars for you to connect the bases to them.

The one I have in the rear has an adjustable base to angle it/make it level with a leveling bubble.
    By law I'm suppose to put in in the center of the rear seat? I haven't even heard of this. I'm going to have to look into that. I'm learning all kinds of new stuff, Like tummy time is a real thing you're suppose to do with your kid. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    They also sell pads that go under the seat to protect the bottom and back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea I was going to look into this. I wasn't sure if they were even worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJo9 View Post
    Some bases have a piece that adjust to fit a bucket seat. What kind of seat are you using?

We decided on a stroller car seat travel system for know. Once He gets older we'll look into getting a different car seat.
    This is the system we bought.
    Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Quote Originally Posted by jws1982 View Post
    I just have a towel under my kid’s car seat in my 300srt8, and haven’t had any real damage over the past year. It’s been both rear and front facing. Anywhere that the car seat is going to push into the leather, I put a towel or some other padding there.

Sounds like a KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) suggestion. This sounds like the old school way of doing it. But hey it sounds like it'll work.
    My 2 Ton Beast
    2007 Black 300 SRT8
    Procharged

Post Thanks / Like
    I think my sons were in the stroller system type seats for about 8 months, they out grow that seat quick unless they are little peanuts, my kids are tanks, my 3 yr old is as big as his 5 yr old cousins. My wife paid way too much for the fanciest seat contraptions lol, pick your battles I guess. If we didn’t use it for both kids I wouldn’t have said it was worth it. As soon as they could sit upright I switched to the 20$ stroller though, I hate big bulky strollers, I can’t stand when I’m trying to leave the house and next thing you know it like packing for a weekend trip with 5 trips to load the trunk! I travel light, diaper in my back pocket and the cheapo stroller if I even took one, and away we go.

Likes jws1982 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by body80 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Of course my child's safety comes first and I'll do whatever it take to make sure he's safe. I was just looking for suggestions for a new dad.
    I'm thinking of swinging by the local fire department. From what I'm told they take a special course on how to install and secure a car seat properly and can show me how.

By law I'm suppose to put in in the center of the rear seat? I haven't even heard of this. I'm going to have to look into that. I'm learning all kinds of new stuff, Like tummy time is a real thing you're suppose to do with your kid. LOL

Yea I was going to look into this. I wasn't sure if they were even worth it.

We decided on a stroller car seat travel system for know. Once He gets older we'll look into getting a different car seat.
    This is the system we bought.
    Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Sounds like a KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) suggestion. This sounds like the old school way of doing it. But hey it sounds like it'll work.
    Yep. It’s the other stuff the kids do that’ll ruin your seats, like spitting up, or peeing all the way through the car seat. I stopped worrying about the car seat itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jws1982 View Post
    Yep. It’s the other stuff the kids do that’ll ruin your seats, like spitting up, or peeing all the way through the car seat. I stopped worrying about the car seat itself.

Agreed, my interior has suffered more from spilled food and drinks and tracked in muck than any vehicle I ever owned pre children including my old 4x4.
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Well.... I have 2 kids.... 1 girl 1 boy with 1 boy due any day now. My rear seats look flawless. I have ALWAYS had a sheet down under them and over bottom part of seat due to their feet and seats. Leather and suede still look like no one has set on them

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a cover designed for pets they buckle around the headrests to keep them up and protect the entire seat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    That's what I tried, but no matter how much tension I put on those LATCH straps it never snugged down like it did without the pad.
    Try putting a knee in middle of the car seat base and with your weight pushing down then cinch up the straps. Works like a charm, talk about tight!! Baby Audrey is ready for the Indy 500 now LOL
    2006 300CSRT8
    Magnaflow extreme 3" cat back exhaust / LMI Hammer / Mopar Perfomance TCM / Diablo Trinity / Johan (Diablotoona) Tuned / Custom Air-Oil separator all braided lines with an A/N fittings/ 180* T-stat / Speedlogix billet front adj control arms / HyLift Johnson roller lifters -What "Hemi tick"/ + HRF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDDYSRT View Post
    Try putting a knee in middle of the car seat base and with your weight pushing down then cinch up the straps. Works like a charm, talk about tight!! Baby Audrey is ready for the Indy 500 now LOL
    That's exactly what I do every time I put the seats back in, both knees actually and shoulders wedged against the ceiling. With no pad I can snug that sucker down until it doesn't even budge...with a pad the bottom wiggles around.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Please take it to your local fire department for inspection. They will help you make sure it's installed right.

I did try a few protectors from but but baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new baby, been using a car seat (without protection) for two plus years with the grand baby, and no issues at all. But its not a fixture in my car alone, it goes between the 300 and the Nitro.
    93 Diablo Tune, CAI, True Dual CatBack, Police Brake Upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I would do. Ebay or junkyard a nice seat bottom out of a non-SRT, so it is flatter than what you have. Put a cover over it if you are concerned about color matching. Use this while you need the car seat in there, and put the sculpted seat bottom away in storage until you no longer need the car seat.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5chris View Post
    but a 300c rear seat base. takes all of 2 minutes to swap out. plus this way you wont get puke or the other bodily fluids over your srt seats.
    - Brian T.
    "Pam the Demon Wagon" 2006 Magnum SRT

| web: Michael Brian Studios | instagram: @MichaelBrianStudios |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12