Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just meant as in you nor him unless it was HIS personal transmission and gave you a warranty knows what that transmission has been through. But again my point was before you spend 1k I would let someone with actual NAG1 experience check it out and diagnose. I towed my 350z YEARS ago to CIN Motorsports over 130 miles away to get a Fourth opinion on my issue I was having. 3 previous shops tried to sell me everything from a throttle body to new pcm to engine replacement. What was it actually..... When I installed my Zex nitrous kit I spliced TPS sensor too short and after a few bumps lost contact and my car would go in limp mode. I could unhook neg terminal and keep moving until enough bumps would cause problem

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    I just meant as in you nor him unless it was HIS personal transmission and gave you a warranty knows what that transmission has been through. But again my point was before you spend 1k I would let someone with actual NAG1 experience check it out and diagnose. I towed my 350z YEARS ago to CIN Motorsports over 130 miles away to get a Fourth opinion on my issue I was having. 3 previous shops tried to sell me everything from a throttle body to new pcm to engine replacement. What was it actually..... When I installed my Zex nitrous kit I spliced TPS sensor too short and after a few bumps lost contact and my car would go in limp mode. I could unhook neg terminal and keep moving until enough bumps would cause problem

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Okay, I understand. The guy with the transmission did say I would get a 6 month warranty. To be honest, I just need this thing to run decent for 2 years, so I can pay it off and not be left with my d**ck in my hand. I will never buy another used muscle car. Life can be a headache in itself, I don't need my vehicle to be one.
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    11,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's some questions I'd ask the dealership;

    1) During the transmission fluid change you did, how much of the original fluid was actually replaced with brand new fluid?
    - Dropping the pan removes say 4-5litres
    - A machine designed to be placed in-line with the transmission cooler eventually cycles most (but not 100%) of the old fluid out and is simultaneously replaced with new fluid.

    1) are they familiar with a TSB for water ingress issue?
    - If not, why not?
    - If yes, and all they did was drop the pan (leaving half the old fluid in), does this make sense to them?

    As Jarz points out, the NAG1 is not your average transmission and requires technicians who are actually familiar them to properly diagnose. You need to need to ask pertinent / relevant questions to ensure you are getting exactly what you need and no more. You call the shots - not them.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 09-14-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

    Thanks RollTideCowboy thanked for this post
    Likes Jay Z, RollTideCowboy liked this post

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    chicago il
    Posts
    1,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    when I had mine flushed, I talked to the service manager. We both agreed that they should flush an extra quart thru the machine. I had to pay for the extra quart but it was good insurance that all old fluid would be out. Like hemisarry said, make sure what they are doing makes sense. good luck, I recommend calling ben at enhanced transmissions, he is a stand up guy.
    Thanks RollTideCowboy thanked for this post
    Likes RollTideCowboy liked this post

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWagon View Post
    Has the trans fluid and filter been changed? Trans flushed? How much material was on the magnet in the pan?

    Contact Ben at Enhanced Transmissions: 216-281-0303 - he'll give you straight answers.
    I've been calling that number all day and it is busy. It is the same number thats on google as well....but when I auto stick it does not shudder whatsoever. Just running slightly rough. Not that noticeable most of the time. I guess Im gonna run it like that for the time being cause its not like the tranny is slipping..

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    6,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTideCowboy View Post
    I've been calling that number all day and it is busy. It is the same number thats on google as well....but when I auto stick it does not shudder whatsoever. Just running slightly rough. Not that noticeable most of the time. I guess Im gonna run it like that for the time being cause its not like the tranny is slipping..
    Ben (Sublime130 on here) is real busy...keep trying is all I can say. He talks fast too...cause he's running a million miles an hour...cause he's real busy
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package
    6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a for sure diagnosis that the problem is in the transmission? Shuddering on downshifting or slowing down is an unusual issue.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005rtmag View Post
    Is it a for sure diagnosis that the problem is in the transmission? Shuddering on downshifting or slowing down is an unusual issue.
    That is what I was told by Express Oil. But I have been told on here that their opinion is not to be trusted. The Dodge dealership near my Job did a multi point inspection and they are saying everything is fine. I don't know what to do at this point.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTideCowboy View Post
    That is what I was told by Express Oil. But I have been told on here that their opinion is not to be trusted. The Dodge dealership near my Job did a multi point inspection and they are saying everything is fine. I don't know what to do at this point.
    a MPI is just a basic check over, (multi point inspection) aint going to tell you ****ake unless its obvious to General Service tech

    Where are you located? that might help a member point you in the right direction
    Likes punisher69 liked this post

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    a MPI is just a basic check over, (multi point inspection) aint going to tell you ****ake unless its obvious to General Service tech

    Where are you located? that might help a member point you in the right direction
    Im in Birmingham, AL. I talked to Ben from Enhanced Transmissions early. I told him all the details of what is going on, he told me to find a tranmission shop, and run the details by then. What I am being told by World's Transmissions here in Birmingham, is that what I am feeling may not even be transmission related. They are saying that the fluid in the LSD may need to be changed. I've have this car for only 4 months so I have no idea if it has been serviced or not. Who would you suggest I take my car to, to have this service done??

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    if your're capable I would do the job myself, Very easy and straight forward. I cant comment on it being a valid statement since I dont have the car, but again 2 bottles of gear oil and problem could be fixed? I would try it

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got the differential fluid checked. Its clean and at the proper level. This is stressing me out..I cannot see myself spending anymore money fixing this car when I have $6500 left on the loan. I've spent atleast 4k in the past 4 months chasing suspension knocks and now this shudder thing. This particular car I have seems to be a money pit. A money pit that is above my means at this period in time.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    11,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first reaction is to immediately(!) question those who would suggest (now) the differential is suspect! But...I have not personally observed / experienced what is actually going on with your car. But...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    My first reaction is to immediately(!) question those who would suggest (now) the differential is suspect! But...I have not personally observed / experienced what is actually going on with your car. But...
    This interaction and others on this site and I very grateful for. I am a person that none of you know from jack, and time and again you all come and give your honest opinions, feedback, and suggestions on how I could possibly move forward. I really do appreciate it. But I am beginning to think that all of this is a sign to move on to another vehicle. One that will help me start a business that I have had concrete plans for, for about 3 years. I need a truck to start my pressure washing business, and I would have jumped in one if this Charger hadnt popped up. Driving fast is my heart's desire, but I think at the moment I need to get this business going....so that one day in the future I can create opportunities for people around me and my community in general.

    I will lurk the shadows of this board until I'm blessed with a dependable Charger...after I finish creating for the ones around me.

    Thanks guys,
    RollTideCowboy
    Last edited by RollTideCowboy; 09-18-2017 at 05:56 PM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    11,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTideCowboy View Post
    This interaction and others on this site and I very grateful for. I am a person that none of you know from jack, and time and again you all come and give your honest opinions, feedback, and suggestions on how I could possibly move forward. I really do appreciate it. But I am beginning to think that all of this is a sign to move on to another vehicle. One that will help me start a business that I have had concrete plans for, for about 3 years. I need a truck to start my pressure washing business, and I would have jumped in one if this Charger hadnt popped up. Driving fast is my heart's desire, but I think at the moment I need to get this business going....so that one day in the future I can create opportunities for people around me and my community in general.

    I will lurk the shadows of this board until I'm blessed with a dependable Charger...after I finish creating for the ones around me.

    Thanks guys,
    RollTideCowboy
    I know I, and others, appreciate your compliment, thanks.

    As another suggested, I too think you need to find a dealership that has demonstrated competence. There's got to be members here on this forum who can point you in the right direction...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •