Page 363 of 381 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5713
    Post Thanks / Like
    I drove her to work for the first time in 5 months. A gentle cruise since my builder showed me the slop in my driveshaft (new one wont be in until later this week), but it felt good...my youngest has finally been able to ride in it a few times. He's already learned to sleep in there pretty well despite the thunderous interior noise from the exhaust.
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    I drove her to work for the first time in 5 months. A gentle cruise since my builder showed me the slop in my driveshaft (new one wont be in until later this week), but it felt good...my youngest has finally been able to ride in it a few times. He's already learned to sleep in there pretty well despite the thunderous interior noise from the exhaust.
    What work did you end up doing with the rebuilt engine?
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | SRT Max Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    What work did you end up doing with the rebuilt engine?
    Stock plus rebuild, forged pistons, a more aggressive cam, a Mopar Performance 2,800rpm stall converter, and they'll be installing the Paramount valvebody with the driveshaft later this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Billstein b12 kit ordered to get rid of some of the wheel gap. Probably should go ahead and swap out the control arms/ endlinks.. etc while I'm there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibeast View Post
    Stock plus rebuild, forged pistons, a more aggressive cam, a Mopar Performance 2,800rpm stall converter, and they'll be installing the Paramount valvebody with the driveshaft later this week.
    What? When did this happen. First time I'm hearing about this!!!

More aggressive cam???? Inquiring minds want to know. Lol
    2006 Dodge Charger R/T - 85mm Throttle Body, AFE Stage 2 CAI, 6.1 Intake Manifold, Modern Muscle Intake Adapters, 219/223 cam, 6.1 pushrods, Manley NEXTEK Valve Springs, 6.1 Timing Chain, 6.1 oil pump, Edelbrock Titech Headers, Flowmasters X pipe, Thrush 2 Chamber Mufflers, Flowmaster Resonators and tailpipes, 3200 Edge Converter, Mopar TCM, Tranzformer, Carbon Fiber Pistol Grip Shifter, 3.06, Brake Performance drilled and slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAce View Post
    What? When did this happen. First time I'm hearing about this!!!

More aggressive cam???? Inquiring minds want to know. Lol
    Oh you must have missed my thread. Engine started knocking on the way to work, pulled over and found it BONE dry, no oil and I'd just done an oil change a month and a half or so prior. No smoke, no puddles, just Houdinied itself out of there (it's still gnawing at me like I'm missing something and it's got me a hair paranoid), grabbed a company truck, bought a case of oil, dumped it in and tried to limp it back home, but it was shot. Towed it to a local shop because of his multiple 5 star Yelp reviews (lesson learned) and after nearly four months my car was still sitting in his parking lot with no engine, and he was refusing to return my calls. I got the Bureau of Automotive Repair involved, he flipped out, called me screaming and cussing at me for calling the BAR on him, demanded I get my car out of his shop, and I towed it over to Lonnie at MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi) where I should have taken it in the first place. Lonnie checked it out, discussed my remaining budget after that fiasco, and built my engine and found a few other issues that needed addressing which he took care of with no hassles or time lost. Total time in Lonnie's shop including waiting for parts on order was less than a month and I got to hear it start up for the first time since January. This is all while he finished building a Challenger Hellcat that was putting down something north of 900rwhp, two Jeep SRT8s, a Charger R/T procharger build, and starting on a 300 Vortech setup. He wasn't aways quick to pick up a phone call or return a call, but when you swing by his shop you always see him elbows deep busting knuckles on something. Hell I dropped in at 7pm a few times and found him hard at work. When I'm finally ready for heads and some boost I will be giving him a call.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the 93 tune and it is great, money well spent. Took away all the lag it had when stepping on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 300c View Post
    Finally purchased an intune i2!

Took advantage to the Maryland Speed Father's day coupon code with free next day shipping - great deal!
    Was nervous after reading all the horror stories about these tuners doing bad things to car computers but, many, many others highly recommend them. When I first joined lxforums, the first thing someone told me was to get a Diablosport tuner - I'm just disappointed that it took me so long to actually get one!
    I received it on Friday, did the update, followed all the instructions step by step, cleared the TCM adaptives and installed the 91 CAI canned tune.
    Took the car out for a quick test and using the 0-60 timer in the EVIC, it showed a 0.5 second improvement (car is mechanically stock except for a homemade CAI ha ha). Is half a second a good gain? I've never measured any mods before and after with any of my other cars in the past.
    My carefully un-calibrated novice butt-dyno says the car now pulls like hell once it gets past 40mph which means I'm probably going to get in trouble very shortly... and I'll have a big smile on face when the officer asks for my license and registration.
    I drove it to work for the first time today and I guess the days of me driving like an old man are probably over. The car just seems to respond better and feels much more fun to drive (it's my daily driver)!
    It's also time to start thinking about some basic mods to complement the tuner - next steps will be Magnaflow or Borla mufflers (keeping the resos so no drone - just looking for more growl at idle), x-pipe, and a custom tune from Johan.

Oh, I should also probably pick up a set of really, really good brake pads!
    93 Diablo Tune, CAI, True Dual CatBack, Police Brake Upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    As to the details, I don't know the details on the cam, I just know that it was 397RWHP and 399RWTQ, I can't really play with it and get a feel for it yet as I've got a bad carrier bearing in my driveshaft, so I'll romp on it a bit this Saturday after he's got it done.

Last edited by Tikibeast; 06-19-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Link added

Post Thanks / Like
    I drove Piston Pete to the body shop for some work; including replacing the vinyl stripes with airbrushing.
    I had to - she had her hands all over me!

Likes The Bat, 5280SRT8, RMF419, Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
    I drove Piston Pete to the body shop for some work; including replacing the vinyl stripes with airbrushing.
    I had to - she had her hands all over me!

Go on.......

Post Thanks / Like

Finally had some time to install my gauges. Next step is to do some fab work on my half covers so they fit!

Thanks vedros74 thanked for this post
    Likes Scoot, 5280SRT8, Tikibeast, SHARKY 370 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Gauges look good, was it a difficult install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMF419 View Post
    Gauges look good, was it a difficult install.
    Thanks. Not as difficult as I thought. Hardest part was getting the dash clips to release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    I restored the A pillar windshield molding and cowl trim with Forever Black. I had used this last about 10 years ago on my Volvo, back when every 90's to early 2000 Euro sedan had black trim all over the bumpers and doors. It used to be a liquid formula that streaked pretty easily but I ordered up a new container and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was redesigned into a cream-like product. Its a nearly permanent black dye that should last for many years. I wanted to try this before paint since there is less prep work and its dry within 20 minutes with no limit on recoats. 2-3 coats does the trick and it works great as long as its on a properly prepped surface with a bit of texture to it, like all typical black plastic or rubber trim.

Attachment 62929Attachment 62930Attachment 62931
    You always post stuff like this AFTER I spend hours sometimes days doing exactly what you seem to avoid doing lol. I painted my trim and cowl not to long ago.

2006 300 SRT8
    Accuair Equipped
    Avant Garde F431 (Electron Blue)
    IG: @bagged_srt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5280SRT8 View Post
    You always post stuff like this AFTER I spend hours sometimes days doing exactly what you seem to avoid doing lol. I painted my trim and cowl not to long ago.
    Your's looked so great that it gave me the idea to do something with mine. Paint is still the best but the most time consuming so this was worth a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Page 363 of 381 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast

Share This Thread