LXForums can now be accessed as an app from your iPhone, Android or Blackberry!
The app is called Tapatalk which is available for download from iTunes. There are two versions of the app which provide different functionality:
- The FREE app (located here) allows browsing of the forum, but does not allow you to post or reply to private messages or view images in a full screen.
- The PAID app (located here) allows full forum browsing, replying to posts and PM's and viewing images full screen. The paid app costs $2.99 which all goes to the developer of the app, LXForums does not receive any profit. However, I'll be the first to admit the paid app is well worth the price of a Starbucks coffee.
Downloads for all of the above phone models here: http://www.tapatalk.com/en/mobile
The iPhone/iPad app allows any website that has installed the Tapatalk's software on their servers to use this service. There are hundreds of websites using this app, so we are comfortable with it's stability. However, because there are hundreds of websites using this app, once you install it, you need to search for LXForums within the app to begin using it with our website.
1. Once you install the app, the first screen you will see is a website category screen:
- Do not choose Automotive...there's 500 websites in there and it would take you quite a while to weed through them all to find LXForums.
2. Select Search from the Top of the screen. On the next screen type in LXForums. The text "LXForums" will display in the search results. Click it!
3. LXForums and good old Skully will now display in your Search Results. Click on Skully's head to access the LXForums app!
4. The Forum Listing screen will now display. Login using the button on the bottom left of the screen. Once you are logged in, click on the Forum you want to browse or use the buttons along the bottom to see the Latest posts, perform a Search or view your Private Messages.
PAID VERSION ONLY
4. To create a new thread (while you are viewing a forum) or to reply or subscribe to a thread (while you are viewing a post) or reply to a Private Message (while viewing a PM) click the little arrow/envelope button at the top-right of the screen. A menu will open up with options to reply, subscribe, etc..