After adding a 4 channel amp, I had to run wires to the door speakers. The only problem I ran into was that the parking brake covers up the door wiring boot exit. Simple to remove 1 bolt 2 nuts. Well here we go
1) remove screw under the trap door in the door handle pocket.
2) remove the screw under the trap door under the arm rest
3) To remove the bottom plastic rivets (NOT BLACK), take your key and wrapping it with something soft to prevent the key from and push in(not done here for pic clarity). This way you wont push the center all the way in and have to take the weather barrier off to get them. BTW new one are $1.60 a piece if I remember right.
4) After pulling the door off (3 push snaps at the top), rotate the door handle linkage lock and pull the linkage up.
5) Disconnect the power accessories
You can see the 3 white push pins that hold the top part of the door ($5.10 a piece)
6) Here is the base stereo door removed (6 1/2'). You can get speaker harness adapters to make it all plug and play.
7) You can see here that the door wiring boot (left side) and the parking brake assembly that blocks easy access to the boot. 1 bolt 2 nuts to move the parking brake assembly. To get to behind the panel below the steering wheel, there is one screw at the bottom and then the rest of the panel pulls.
Here is what hold the door on, 6 screw, 3 plastic rivets and 3 plastic push pins (seen on other pic)
Thats all there is to it.
Last edited by JamminWagon; 08-24-2008 at 12:50 PM.
The Vehicle Formally Known as JamminWagon
good post...thanks alot.
suntan naked.Originally Posted by Rev.Hammer
...and get a pen!s pump..........Originally Posted by fnkychkn
2012 Infiniti M56S: Harbour Blue 5.6L, Premium, Sport, Sport Touring & Technology Option Packages, Factory 4 Piece Aero Kit, Xpel Ultimate Full Vehicle Wrap2000 Dodge Dakota C/C R/T: Flame Red 5.9L, 1 of 800 Produced, 20" R/T Replica Wheels, Belltech Lowered, Flowmaster ExhaustVisit us at:
Semi-Hemi, thanks for the tips.
KRT:2005 BLACK Dragon:MODS: None, pure Natural Dragon
If those white push pins stay in the door, you have to remove them and reinsert them in to the door panel for reinstallation.
Be very careful how you remove them from the door. At first I used pliers and gripped the small button on the top of the pin but that was a bad idea. The button shattered. I found one of those upholstery tools (see pic) to pry it out with worked best.
Last edited by hemiwagn; 09-14-2006 at 10:56 PM.
2006 Magnum SRT8 "HEMIWAGN"; HalfFast Performance built; OST Dyno tuned; Frank Racing Extreme Heads, Scudd Cam & Ported Intake; Paramount Performance Dominator 4400TC & Valvebody. Best 1/4: 10.898 @ 123.25 MPH, 1.577 60', 3500lbs with driver, DA -595
I can't help out with that. Pulled off four panels and all the pins stayed with the panels. Each one was a sharp pull, straight off the door.
I guess I was lucky four times over. I think if you wiggle and twist them, you're asking for them to slip out and break. Just make sure you have the white pins out and the screws. Count 'em... Then yank it off, but watch the lock pin and the cables. Don't pull too far!
Super Bee #0427 of 1000 with USW Forged Wheels
Mopar CAI, Corsa Exhaust, Diablo canned tune, Drag Radials, Skinnies
12.217 @ 117 mph
FRI Econo Heads & FRI Sidewinder: Installed @ BFNY by Hemi31 with special guest Fnkychkn, JBA Shorties, JBA/HHP hi-flow catted mids, stock SRT8 cat-back, C&L CAI.
HUGE thanks to Hemiwagn and HalfFast Performance for making it all possible.
How do you think i do my taxes?
Oh, and the phone number belongs to the EMS we saw today.
Decided not to get the Civic afterall?
I had the dealer print me off the exploded view of my interior door panel. It is from All Data. The file is large for printing, so I just linked it to my comcast site.
Finally got the pics back up, sorry I moved and changed ISPs.
For removing the push pins I just gave the door panel a jug and they come up just enough to grab but dont be too aggressive with them.
'05 Magnum RT, Midnight Blue Pearl - Mods: 20% tint, Dub chrome door handles, debadged rear door (except Rams head), silver billet knob covers (MRK Group), Dub chrome lower window sills, stock navi upgrade, silver bulbs (front and rear), blinker mod, and fuel door mod.