I want to get going on a mod this weekend, and am overwhelmed with all these posts. I apologize if my questions below have already been answered.
1. Which thermostat is best - 180, 4127? I'll be 99.99 percent street, almost no strip action. Live near Wash DC.
2. Which fan mod is the best? Some look like they are no longer being made.
3. I want to buy a CAI - so many to choose from - is AirRaid a good one?
4. All I've done so far is buy a Diablo Predator and did a 91 Octane tune.
thanks in advance!
1. Any 180 will do. You can drop the fan on temps by 15* with your predator.
2. Don't bother, fan mods are really only useful at the track.
3. Anything from LMI will be the best choice, the AirHammer is a very good value.
4. Good start.
You'll find that even with a 180 t-stat, the temps can climb to over 190 in stop and go driving and on warmer days. You already have a Predator, so you don't need a fan mod. You can use it to adjust your fan speed temperature settings to work with the 180 t-stat.
PPP stage 3 heads, Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 +4, MMPG stage 1+ ported 6.1 intake & 85mm throttle body, LMI 4" true CAI, MSD "Blaster" coils, JBA headers & mids, Corsa exhaust, Paramount "Dominator" torque converter & stage 2 valve body, Tranzformer shift kit, BC Racing coilovers, Eibach sways, BWoody links, Razorsedge brace, 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD, Wilwood "plus 2" big brake kit by TCE, Vossen CV3s & Nitto 420s, tuning by Robert Dito of Ditos motors
1. For some reason I am not seeing the menu in my Predator to change fan settings. I see where I can choose from about 5 tunes, plus shift firmness, plus fix speedo if I changed the gear ratio, but no fan settings.
2. The LMI Hammer CAI looks good. Is it louder than most CAI? I seem to attract cops for some reason. What is one of the quieter CAI.
Build your own CAI like the Frankintake IV for half the price, and have some fun doing it.
Adaptive Craving Control-by Hal9000 modification strictly prohibited
FI IV.5, Solo cat backs, 180 thermo, Catch Can, DS tuner, SRT heads,headers and mids, Derale 32000BTU Tranny cooler with fan control, duel oil coolers, P/S cooler, Pedders Track II, coil overs, Hodgkiss sways, BWoody links, 20" Jacks N Five with Nitto Invo's, Custom brakes by TCE. Bling by BT.
Just a grocery getter!
LMI is the way to go for CAI's. Hands down, the best most productive CAI on the market & Chris there is tops.
LMI V2 True CAI, Sprint Booster, DS Catch Can & inTune, Magnaflow Everything, VIP Edition Rear Window Spoiler & Bentley Head Light Covers & AVS Low Profile Side Window Vent Visors, E&G Classics SS Mesh Front Grill & Front Brake Air Intake Grills, Polished SS Rad Cover, 180 JET T-Stat, MSD Coils, StopTech SS Lines, Demolded, Aftermarket Audio, 6K HID Lows & Fogs, Smoked Side Markers, Tinted Taillights, Razors Edge Strut Brace, SRT Pedal Set, Whiteline Sways, Hop Not Engine Torque Strut, Paramount Stage II VB, ATI 13% UD Damper, 392 Fuel Pump, MMP 87mm TB, B&M Hi-Tek Cooler, 6-spd Engine Mounts
Today I installed the 4127 170 thermo, dropped all fan settings 20 degrees using predator, and it still climbed to 203 today (i think it was hitting 215 before). Is that good enough?
make sure your fans are turning on. if it is really hot out, and you are sitting in traffic, it is reasonable to see that even with a 180 t-stat. Just make sure the fans are operational and your setting are low enough in the predator to go along with the new lower t-stat. i use to set my LS fan setting at 180 and my HS fan at 185
as for the CAI, shoot me a PM and I can help you out. I have a few offerings for your car, but the Hammer is one of my favorite!
You might be watching the oil temp and not the water temp.
'12 Challenger SRT8 Pitch Black 6-speed, stripe delete, all options
-BT catch can, skip shift eliminator, K & N drop in, BB's resonater delete, Jet 180 t-stat, ceramic tint/clear bra
email@example.com DA 7170 - that's firstname.lastname@example.org corrected!!!
Yeah, mine are all 20 degrees lower then stock & the car gets to 197 on a typical hot & humid FL day in traffic. But once I get moving it goes down, & the fans do kick on while I'm sitting so it still never gets above 197.You'll find that even with a 180 t-stat, the temps can climb to over 190 in stop and go driving and on warmer days