Tomorrow I will be installing JBA mid pipes and cat back, I'm sure there are a bunch of you that have DIY'd any tips or pointers for this? I will be doing it in my parents garage.
Also for those of you that have commented that the Drone/mds noise wasn't too bad in your case, which way did you install the mufflers? So the perforated core 'grabbed' the exhaust coming in, or so that it flowed over them?
'When I was arrested I was dressed in black'
Mods: Predator 93 CAI, Air Hammer, Eagle Mani, Stainless Works Long Tubes, JBA Catback, SRT8 suspension, Mopar Sways, REM Strut tower bar and Bumpsteer, Dual weave Grill, Daytona Chin and 20s, CSRT8 Diffuser, Kicker Sub, 6000K & 3500K HIDs, shaved letters, Old skool R/Ts, Hood Struts, 300C Handles & lower moldings, Two toned tails, BT Oil Catch and other goodies, Husky Liners, and Sirius Stilleto.
I have a couple of tips which I learned when doing my cat-back.
1) undo the band clamps at the mid-pipe to cat-back connection first. I believe you have access to a lift, right? If so, it should be much easier. In my case I had to sweat (and swear) a lot to get the damn nuts loose. A 15mm deep socket impact socket would have made things easier for my electric gun...
2) remove the hangers infront of the rear axle first so that the rear ones carry the weight. I found it easier to spray them with wd40 then use a couple of flat blade screwdrivers to pry them over the hanger bracket. Do this from the rear by poking the screwdriver through the rubber hanger.....
3) Undo the two nuts at the suitcase on the drivers side so that you can remove that resonator and tailpipe.
4) You can then remove the two drivers side rear hangers simply by removing the enitire hanger -they only use one bolt per hanger. It's much easier to battle with the hangers when the cat back is out from under the car.
5) The drivers side resonator should have crashed to the floor at this point.
6) Repeat for the passenger side rear hangers (remove the two bolts). Use a floor jack or assistant to carry the weight of the suitcase
This pic shows what I meant by prying from the rear.
7)Remove the cross brace at the front so that you can pull the catback of the catalytic extension. The band clamps are welded to the pipe and I found they caught on the brace...
Here is a pic using two floor jacks to support the weight as I pull it off the extensions...
'06 Black Magnum RT, 20" Staggered Vipers, Mopar lowering springs, SRT8 headlights, 22 Elite console cover, re-arranged badging, tinted front windows, blacked out grill, $14 bumper chrome mod, Super Chips, Magnaflow cat back, AFE II CAI, R1 Concepts slotted and drilled premium rotors.
My cars and home theater
Photobucket pictures of various things
Unfortunately I'm doing this on ramps/jackstands, would it be easier for me to leave the midsection attached to the cats and pull it out in one piece?
VERY close....you MUST disconnect battery first or you will see first hand why.....
06 Magnum R/T Midnight Blue
Inertia Motorsports Heads decked .030 (10.3 CR), FRI Hellfire cam, AirHammer, JBA Headers, JBA Mids, JBA Cat-back, Diablo Predator, 6.1 Injectors and rails, ZEX N2O Kit, Nitrous Outlet N2O plate,180* T-Stat, DashHawk, Police Package oil cooler
11.89 @ 116.94, 1.99 60', stock converter and tires http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...m/SCAN0007.jpg