It will be good to share our experience on that project, then we can finally have the MyGIG on our LX
Cabling things are there : MyGIG in 2005-2007 LX - Cabling
For now, we know that :
- LX use a low speed CAN bus!!!Using the high speed CAN bus MYGIG version will never work.CAN bus messages
- The MyGIG seems to not power on the Boston amplifier.Some reports tell that the Kicker system work well, but not he Boston one. Installation without amplifier work.Basically, the connectors are the same (as same cabled) between pre 2008 and 2008 LX.I don't think that Mopar change there amplifier between each model.I think a StarSCAN flash for the amplifier is the way it should work.
- This MOPAR bulletin confirm that the Boston work with MyGIG, and how to reprogram the Boston Amplifier. This one was for REC version.This MOPAR bulletin confirm that it's possible to update the EVIC display on 2005+ LX.Uconnect (Bluetooth)
- You can use only one Uconnect Bluetooth Module installed on the CAN bus.Logical for me, but not for all...So, if you want to use the Factory Bluetooth Module you have on your car, you must have a MyGIG version without Uconnect in it, and cabling as I shown on the other post.Another solution (best for me) is to remove your Uconnect Module before installing the MyGIG with Uconnect in it.
- Rear view mirror should be there as the microphone is in it.The pre 2008 LX one should work if it's well cabling.For sure, the 2 buttons on it will not work as they have nowhere to go on the MyGIG. But it's not a problem as the MyGIG have them on it.You can’t change the -2007 rear view mirror without changing the harness as there is a new plug type on it.GPS
- The GPS Antenna connector is not the same, so you need to remove the old one and put the new one in place.
- As for the Uconnect Module, you can use only one Sirius SAT Module installed on the CAN bus. So basically, remove the current satellite module (and antenna).
Mopar Part Number
- You will need a new center bezel as the MYGIG is smaller than REC/REJ.
I'm not sure on this, if someone can confirm
2008+ LX :
MyGIG RER (US - Radio, NAV, SAT compatible, Uconnect) - P/N 05064401AI ($1860)
MyGIG REW (EURO - Radio, NAV, SAT compatible, Uconnect) - P/N 05064403AJ ($1860)
MyGIG REP (WORLD - Radio, NAV, SAT compatible, Uconnect) - P/N 05064405AD
MyGIG REN (US - Radio, SAT compatible) - P/N 05064244AJ ($995.00)
MyGIG REN (US - Radio) - P/N 05064242AK ($855.00)
MyGIG REZ (WORLD - Radio) - P/N 05064247AJ ($855.00)
GPS antenna - P/N 05064186AA ($51.45)
Sirius Satellite Radio Install Kit - P/N 82210905AC ($154)
Rearview mirror with Uconnect microphone - P/N 68020439AB ($222)
Rearview mirror with Uconnect microphone and SmartBeam- P/N 68020441AB ($577)
Stand-alone remote UConnect microphone kit - P/N 82211743 ($50)
Harness for vehicles without factory UConnect Module - P/N 82211649 ($165)
Harness for vehicles with factory UConnect Module - P/N 82211666 ($105)
300 Center bezel - P/N **** ($**)
Magnum Center bezel - P/N **** ($**)
Charger Center bezel - P/N **** ($**)
It's an open project, so it would be good to have everybody contribute on it. I'll edit this first page to put the new knowledge we have on this project.
ps: Sorry for the mistakes, I am French LX driver
Last edited by Surf@ceS; 04-18-2008 at 11:28 AM.
So based on that info... this is almost ready to hit the streets?
I DRINK ROYAL PURPLE! WHAT NOW?!
> 2006 Silver SRT-8 magnum, adopted 9/9/06 with 36 miles, groups I, II, &III.
* tinted LED Tails * Mopar Remote Start * Stainless Airhammer * Coated Kooks Longtubes * PPP Heads, Cam, and Converter * Alpine R10 Subs/AoN Enclosures * 20" Black AR 311's w/ Nitto 420's * Corsa cat-back * Front Window Tint * Ratman Hatch Button Mod * Hotchkis Sways * BT Underhood Bling * Polished Intake Manifold * Autodim Drivers Mirror *
Is this the same or different information from this thread:
MyGig replaces REC radio!!!
I don't think so because the above thread has been 'dead in the water' for quite some time. So then, this must be new information I hope?
Thanks Mike. I replied over there. Hopefully we will see something happen this time!
DC Modern Mopar on Facebook
10 Modern Blue Jeep GC SRT-8 Mopar CAI, Spoiler, F&R Door Sill Protectors, Diablo Trinity w/ Toona CMR, BT Catch Can, BT Under Hood Kit, BT Door Locks. Bwoody Sway Links, Satisfied GranSport 6 Pads, Bel Driver STi, Debaged Jeep Logo F&R, Black Billet Shorty, SRT lower grille badge & SRT Windshield Banner, Tinted Led taillights w/fog harness, Custom SRT floor mats.
I think we should seriously just accept that this kind of thing is never going to happen and to stop fooling ourselves.
Multiple threads on this forum all with the promise of MyGig. They sure start out strong and then fade away and die.
anything can be hacked my friend and one day MyGIG WILL be hacked, just alot of work to do to make it happen
2006 Dodge charger R/T w R\T
Made You Look & Drool Mods:Ram Air Hood, Tu-Tone (Silver & Black) 20" Vipers, Grip Tuning Body Kit, CBD Engine Bay Goodies, BT Interior+Engine Bay Goodies, CF Dash Kit, RiderGraphix & AAC Red Halos (F+R) + 50w HIDs
Made You Scream For Your Life Mods:
FRI 426ci Complete Engine Fully Heat Coated, CMJ Track Killer (355 Rear Gears), KW V2, Brembo GT 6 Piston Front 4 Piston Rear, Arrington 90mm TB, CF WarHammer, ProTQ 2800, Dynatech LTH & Corsa Cat-Back.
OK what is the advantage of MyGig? Looks like almost a $3000 mod.... if you want all the bells and whistles... plus 8-tracks dont fit in the thing......
Last edited by striker071; 06-21-2008 at 05:23 AM.
well if you have the Kicker sound system installed then you either have to reconnect everything through different wiring or get new stuff.
to put it simply:
Kicker AMPs don't connect directly to after market units
Kicker Subs same issue
lose Sirus & XM radio
lose Full Color Screen, DVD, Photos, 20GB Hard Drive with MP3 Support & Nav.
to what i know to get a system that will offer all of that you'd pay more than 3000$ when getting a bran new MyGIG would cost you only 1800&
do the math
Last edited by Venom187; 06-21-2008 at 06:25 AM.
If you want Sirius on the EVIC you will need a Terk sir-sp splitter.
Terk sir-sp splitters
Last edited by Immo; 12-07-2008 at 08:52 AM.