My GTP Headmasters Motor Build!
First off my name is Adam Tschakert and I am from Minnesota.
This venture started off with me PM'ing Alex from GTP headmasters about there sponsorships they were looking to do. Craig had proceeded to call me one evening and we chated about what he does and we exchanged a little background info about eachother and had a nice talk. I had a slew of parts already together and one of my last pieces of the puzzle I needed was the cylinder heads to complete my build list. They chose me to be a sponsored car :pepper: , needless to say I am excited. The only thing they asked of me with the sponsorship is to prove there product at the track, which shouldn't be a problem as I love the dragstrip.
- Baseline dyno numbers to be done on friday May 13th at Saint Paul Automotive (this is a mustang dyno, so no BS, and this will be the same dyno final tuning will be done at)
- Motor internals and the such get put in on May 14th and 15th (all work is being done by me and my long time friend Andy who is ASE certified, weve built a few motors together in our days).
- Datalogging and tune updates via the street (this will be me datalogging and sending info back and forth for tune revisions from Mike at OSTdyno). I am sure this will span over several days, possibly a couple of weeks until Mike feels were dialed in pretty well.
- Final tuning to be done at Saint Paul Automotive on the same dyno the baseline numbers were done at. This will be remote live tuning with Mike from OSTdyno, I'll send data logs back and forth over the internet to get things complete that day on the spot with Mike.
- Upgrade the driveline (SRT 3.06 rearend, CTP driveshaft loop, getrag axles, blue top shift solenoids and a Builder Bill or FTI converter <still need to make that decision).
- Make some tweaks to the tune with Mike from OSTdyno to get everything perfect in the tune for the convertor and gear changes.
- Hit the track ready to rock with some 275/40/17 DR's and see what she's got.
The new parts going in:
- GTP headmasters stage 2 heads (milled .030)
- FRI sparrow camshaft
- 6.1 lifters
- custom pushrods
- Crower Adjustable timing set w/6.1 tensioner
- 6.1 injectors
- Fastman 84mm Throttle Body
- LMI fenderwell intake
- BT EGR delete
- Dynamic grounding kit
- Eagle intake manifold
- CTP Eagle intake manifold spacers
- SLP 25% underdrive pulley
- Paramount flex plate w/ ARP bolts
- CMR tune from OST dyno
Theres a few cosmetic things getting done also but everything above is the perfomance parts being added. I will get some pics up next week as we are working on things over the weekend.
A big shout out goes to Alex and Craig at GTPheadmasters also, great guys to deal with and communication on there end has been great.