Hi there guys,
I have a new InTune, and I'm having a few issues I'd like to ask about. I have a 5.7L 2005 Magnum RT, and my InTune can't find the ECM. It checks for codes and can't find any, and can't clear codes either. I'm having a P0522 (oil sensor low voltage) intermittently, so I know I have codes in the system (show using the key display sequence), but the InTune says 'No ECM Found'. I had some issues with registering, and never did get an email, but I believe I'm at current FW (1f), and the InTune shows me as 1/1 registered (if that matters). Any ideas on why it won't view/clear my DTM's? This is one of the key reasons I bought a tuner at all, and I'll be returning this if it won't serve this function.
I also have some issues with it not 'resetting' between tuning and reading codes/etc. When I switch between putting on a tune change and trying to read codes or even change settings, it somehow loses that it is connected, and no matter what key positions I try it can't sync until I disconnect and reconnect to let the InTune completely reboot. Is this expected?
Thanks in advance for your help!
'05 Magnesium Magnum RT- Mopar/Corsa cat-back, AFE II CAI, 300SRT wheels (powdered black), black honeycomb grille, black heads and tails, Moroso catch-can, InTune (worst.support.ever... still not working... the saga continues...), Paddle Shifters (most fun mod ever~), Silver Box electronic shift kit, KWv2 coilovers (still not installed~), ... more to come!
Thanks for the reply Mike - I appreciate the time!
I am doing the investigation for the error itself - that is not what I'm asking about. I'd like to know why my InTune can't access my codes at all, nor can it clear them... and I don't believe it is cycling between modes well, but that is the least of my concern at this point. The error I get trying to access my ECN/DTM codes is what I'm asking about here - do you know why that might be happening?
Let me know if you need more info (VIN, registration info, etc.) and I can post or PM as required.
I'm having this same issue on my 05 r/t. it either says I have no codes (I have 3 of them and the CEL) or it says no ecm found. I just updated it too and still no luck.
Whew... it isn't just me!
prior to 1r01g, if it said no ECUs found, it was likely a case of voltage dropping below 11.5 volts.
1r01g would say 'please connect a battery charger to continue' then allow you to proceed once voltage was high enough.
I don't know which one I have. But I just bought it and just updated it.....
I know with the predators a few people with the early 05 rt's had problems with getting tunes written on there cars.
trufiber ram air hood, diablo sport tuner w/ 93 oct. gas on the 91 oct. tune, ported and polished lower intake manifold, ported and polished throttle body, magnaflow muffler, blastin bobs 10 db exhaust system with the 4" tips, big bully cia, big bully catch can, 160 degree stat, jet hot coated jba shorty headers, lowered and ridin on nitto 420's 255 45r20
fastest time- 15.532@ 89.52
"Speed never killed anyone. suddenly becoming stationary, now thats what kills you."
I'll try updating again to 1r01g (I just updated a week ago and got 1r01f - is 1r01g brand new?) and try again. At least getting a different message would indicate we're on the right track.
This new comment also explains the original one you made Mike - I thought you were talking about my actual code, but it seems you were actually thinking some form of low voltage is the actual problem!
Edited, wrong thread, but:
Did you get it running?
Last edited by Pod Dog; 04-02-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: nevermind, wrong thread
I updated to 1r01g successfully (although it continues to ask me for registration, and then errors at the end of the submit process and won't send me an email) - but no-joy, it still gives same error. However, I went to check version on the computer again yesterday, and it has now updated me to 1r01h! I'll try it again, since there is no better debug method known to man than trying new FW with no known fixes to your issue to see if it resolves it anyway!!!
I'll update as soon as I get a minute to try it, and I'll capture the error message exactly.
Did this ever resolve your issue? Mine still won't read codes, but I haven't done another update yet since I don't have a pc. I don't understand why diablosport can't write software so the mac can update too. every other company in the world can write software for both pc's and macs. I'm very disappointed with the intune.
Nope, updates didn't resolve the issue. Tuning seems to be working without issue, but I still have the following problems:
1) continues to ask me to register every time I get new FW, even though I show 1/1 on the 'info' tab from the InTune - won't accept the input for registration and errors out, then doesn't send me an email
2) won't switch between tuning and reading codes - can't find ECM going either way, and requires a disconnect/reconnect for reboot and then it works either way
3) FW is updating - I'm at 1r01h now - but it doesn't change the reading/clearing codes issue. It continues to say 'No ECM found' and fails to clear codes when prompted. The codes still show when doing
the key cycling method to see the codes, so I know I have a code in the system, and I know it is not being cleared.
You mentioned low voltage before Mike, but indicated I'd get a different error with 1r01g (or better) - I get the same message, and it says nothing about low voltage (or anything new for that matter). Please advise.
That is exactly what mine is doing. I called tech support a few times and after being on hold for at least 30 minutes every time I have gotten nowhere. Apparently since they have not heard of this happening it must not exist. I have given up myself. Horrible product, horrible tech support, and i'm sure even though my 30 days is not up i probably won't be able to even return the damn thing. What a total waist of money.