Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude you gotta read. :-)
    "LxF welcomes with open arms all members, regardless of social status, creed, color, sexual preference, or anything else. The only thing we discriminate against is douchebags."

Check out Darth Hemi in the LxForums Garage
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am but a mere novice at this, but I found in this thread the specifications of the pipe connector that screws into the stock trans cooler.
    So, once I'd disconnected the stock feed line (top pipe, I seem to remember, check this thread to be sure), I just cut the line and inserted a pipe join, connecting it to my new cooler's feed pipe.
    The return pipe from my new cooler just needed a new pipe connector of the correct thread size (for the stock cooler) fitted, then it screwed straight into the stock cooler's original feed port.

This is due to the original thread-writer's research that best cooling will be achieved if the fluid goes to the new cooler first, then stock cooler second.

The fluid returns through the stock cooler, and back down the stock piping to the transmission.
    I only needed to cut 1 line / introduce 1 splice join with this method.
    '05 Magnum RT with JBA short gas-flowed manifolds and Sports CATs, MagnaFlow Street CAT-back system, Volant Cool Air Induction kit,
    DiabloSport ECU programmer with HighHorsePerformance custom tune, Z-Automotive TranZformer gearbox controller, PCV oil catch-can,
    Fastman 82mm throttle body, Setina nudge bar, Depo projector headlights, variant Frankencooler twin oil coolers set for towing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Davious 13 View Post
    This is due to the original thread-writer's research that best cooling will be achieved if the fluid goes to the new cooler first, then stock cooler second.
    I can't emphasize enough how big of a deal this is. If you pre-cool the fluid with the additional cooler, the stock cooler takes it down further and I ended up with a car whose transmission fluid temps are only a bit hotter than when street driving, and which drop like a stone when you take the load off and coast into the paddock. With just one cooler the temps stayed out of crisis levels, but that dropoff didn't happen and temps stayed high into the next track run.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Share This Thread