Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predator issue

Post Thanks / Like

Predator issue

I have had the 05 magnum and a predator for two years now no issues. Today I went to change the tire size after loading the factory tune last week as I was not sure what the car came with from the factory, well it froze and I unplugged it after a few minutes. Now it's telling me "no recover custom tune loaded, continue yes or no?" If I click no it reboots, if I click yes it says "this vehicle needs an update"

What's going on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    tire size is in the quick adjust menu, so were you actually trying to load a tune and adjust tire size? If it was just tire size from within the quick adjust menu none of this should have happened.

Is there a custom tune loaded to the tool?
    Does the car still start and run properly?

Any more info you can share will help.
    Please don't PM me, I don't always have time to go through them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Only adjusting tire size I changed the three values and went to accept changes and it froze. I waited a bit and unplugged it. When I went to plug it back in it gave me the messages I mentioned.

There is only the canned tunes on the predator.

If I look as last tune written it says something like the backup and quick adjust or something like that I can't recall at the moment. I also tried to reinstall the backup and it tells me there is no backup stored like its already been returned to stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car still drives properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    try going to the quick adjust menu and select restore quick adjust, then try reloading the tune after that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't get that far into the menus

Post Thanks / Like

Predator issue

If I click performance tune to get to quick adjust and agree to disclaimer

Then I click yes

Then I click continue and it says you may now unplug the predator

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, strange.
    Id suggest giving us a call with the tool powered up in the car, and we can reset it then force a calibration update to load as stock file, then you should be able to reload the tunes.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you give me the number please

Post Thanks / Like
    Sigh, I called no help other then telling me to plug it in the computer for a calibration. He wasn't willing to help me force it just kept telling me the car needs a cal update (which it shouldn't need because I haven't taken it to a dealer or changed anything at all and it has been working just fine since I did the calibration 2 years ago) and I don't have a pc computer anymore just a Mac and there is no support for a predator with a Mac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forcing may not be an option if its not holding a backup. What does it say for options/show last tune written?
    Unfortunately a PC is going to be a requisite for doing much of anything with this device.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it says something like original with quick adjust. Does this mean it's no longer holding the original because I reloaded it back to the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yews, stock tune is restored but its married due to a tire size or similar quick adjust change.

Post Thanks / Like

Predator issue

Is it not still holding the last calibration update? The calibration update and the most recent update for the tune are two separate things correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so I did the calibration. Now when I click on performance tune it does a loading. Then i get the same no recover custom tune loaded screen again, but now when I click on yes it says press the center key to update calibration, I click ok and then it goes back to "no recover custom tune loaded want to continue?" And around and around in circles it goes if I keep clicking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread