Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    This is very true.. I was (yes old) a teenager finishing high school when I got my beloved 89 LX mustang 5.0 hatch, stick blah blah... it was a great car at the time, until the grand nationals came out and left us in the dust... then the terrible 90's (terrible car wise) came and went.. point is you are very correct, I have a very bad feeling that between government and insurance companies, someone will put a stop to 6.4L moster motors , that we love so much! Enjoy them while we can.
    I also agree on pricing, I paid 45k for my daytona and 40k for my scat in '16.. can't beat what you get for these prices compared to the average whatever BS car...
    also, if you notice germany already dropped hammers on big v8's and now all, or most, AMG's are twin turbo smaller motors, same with the M series of BMW... while they produce the same HP and speed, they don't feel or sound the same... Keep them coming FCA/Dodge!!!!! I hope these continue for a long time
    Man you are bringing back some memories. I graduated high school in 89. I have had an 87 mustang GT and a 90 LX 5.0. I enjoyed those cars. My older brother bought an 87 Grand National brand new in 87. He let me drive it and I couldn't believe at 16 that a V6 would run like that. Still to this day, I love those cars. They were rockets. I also agree that these 392s are killer bang for the buck rides.
    Likes Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    well i to was looking for something to have as fun summer car, i have a 2017 ram for my dd, and i was looking at this 2010 corvette with only 15thousand miles on it. my older son has a 2007 corvette with the zo6 package and when i go and visit him in florida he always picks me up in it. so that being said i like the vettes and all but it came down to what i really wanted and the pluses i get for it. so i choose a2018 scat pack over the corvette due to the convienence of the 4 doors and the space and not having to keep getting into a car so low and the ride is alittle better,plus i`m getting old (49) and staring to want the comfort features more than just the speed and rough rides.
    Likes Heat00, hotrod1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a '08 Vette...really enjoyed it for the four years I had it. Traded it for my first Charger and have not looked back.

They are fantastic sports cars, but I love my Scat Pack...you cannot beat it for the money and I love having more room.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjenk View Post
    I had a '08 Vette...really enjoyed it for the four years I had it. Traded it for my first Charger and have not looked back.

They are fantastic sports cars, but I love my Scat Pack...you cannot beat it for the money and I love having more room.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Dad’s got an 08 that I’m getting as payment for restoring his bronco. I can’t wait. The charger is a blast but the vette is something on a different level. It serves a different purpose. The scat at full throttle makes me smile but the vette makes me giggle like a school girl. I’ve got big plans for that car.
    2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Dynomax Mini Bullet Mufflers
    Active exhaust delete
    Hemifever Tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a heads cam stall converter 06 vette that I daily drove in WI for years, with two sets of wheels/tires. It was a fantastic daily driver because the hatch area had 20 cubic feet of storage, that’s a lot more than my scat challenger trunk. It was great I snow and ice with 18/19 snow tires.

I could fit my wheelchair behind the seats and quite a few groceries from wholesale clubs. The major drawback was the ground clearance in winter so heavy fresh snow greater than 3-4 inches required waiting for snow plows to plow the street. Or I became a snow plow for the city of Milwaukee. The 6.4 Challenger/charger is a great compromise though with vette like straight line performance, braking and it’s easier for large folks or old folks to get in and out of. I liked how my vette fit me like a glove. It, along with my c4, were probably the easiest cars to get in and out of in 30 years of being paralyzed. I’ll have to get a c6 or c7 again someday. So easy to mod and make stupid fast on a stock bottom end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT-8
    BS Options l, ll Sunroof, Rear DVD & Kicker sub
    AFE ll CAI, Diablo 93 CAI tune, Jet 180 stat, BT catch can, blastin bob 9db reso delete HAND CONTROL DRIVEN
    405rwhp on mustang dyno 12.90@111.38 2.15(blech) on rsa's 12.95@113.88 on 255 parada spec x

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsouthwest2001 View Post
    Man you are bringing back some memories. I graduated high school in 89. I have had an 87 mustang GT and a 90 LX 5.0. I enjoyed those cars. My older brother bought an 87 Grand National brand new in 87. He let me drive it and I couldn't believe at 16 that a V6 would run like that. Still to this day, I love those cars. They were rockets. I also agree that these 392s are killer bang for the buck rides.
    Well at least we’re both old hahah. I graduated 89 also. Grand nationals would show up at the track and destroy us all lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    '18 Daytona 392; 16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leodogg24 View Post
    well i to was looking for something to have as fun summer car, i have a 2017 ram for my dd, and i was looking at this 2010 corvette with only 15thousand miles on it. my older son has a 2007 corvette with the zo6 package and when i go and visit him in florida he always picks me up in it. so that being said i like the vettes and all but it came down to what i really wanted and the pluses i get for it. so i choose a2018 scat pack over the corvette due to the convienence of the 4 doors and the space and not having to keep getting into a car so low and the ride is alittle better,plus i`m getting old (49) and staring to want the comfort features more than just the speed and rough rides.
    Yup exactly... and I’m 47 right behind ya... still great that we have these options , for around 40-50k. Love mine everyday such a great daily driver...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    Dad’s got an 08 that I’m getting as payment for restoring his bronco. I can’t wait. The charger is a blast but the vette is something on a different level. It serves a different purpose. The scat at full throttle makes me smile but the vette makes me giggle like a school girl. I’ve got big plans for that car.
    Congrats and post some pics for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12