Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    interesting... I dont recall feeling anything like that however i'll check again.
    Assuming I don't need or want to clay, what would be the best process thereafter?
    Is polish needed or right to sealant then wax? or polish then sealant skip the wax?
    '16 Scat Pack Granite; '15 Durango R/T Blacktop '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue; '12 Audi Q5; '10 Mustang; '08 E90 M3; '07 335I Active Autowerks ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    interesting... I dont recall feeling anything like that however i'll check again.
    Assuming I don't need or want to clay, what would be the best process thereafter?
    Is polish needed or right to sealant then wax? or polish then sealant skip the wax?
    If you clay, and don't have any major swirls or scratches, a finish polish would be fine...followed by a sealer/ wax (depends on who you ask, the 2 are GENERALLY interchangeable).

If I don't feel the pimples on her a$$ after a wash, I usually just hit it with Meguiars cleaner wax.

She generally gets the full treatment (clay, compound-if needed, polish and Carnuba wax or NXT 2.0) twice a year- spring and fall.

Texas sun and constant f'ing construction dust is brutal on paint.

Sent from my XT1585 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes centexcharger, bgipson21, Heat00 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Put your hand in a plastic baggie & run it across the panels, helps you feel the contaminates on the paint. Even if the paint is factory fresh I would still polish before I put a wax or sealant on it.
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs
    Killer Glass - BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling - Drake Strut Bar
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brass Monkey Hellcat Reps - KW Adjustable Springs
    Likes bgipson21 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though the paint is still new, I still want to do the compound and polish, seal then wax just don't who to go with. I hear GG correcting cream is good

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgipson21 View Post
    Even though the paint is still new, I still want to do the compound and polish, seal then wax just don't who to go with. I hear GG correcting cream is good

Please, if this is the first time you or anyone is doing this with a D/A or polisher....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEASE don't do it on a new car!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Adams Polishes is currently running a sale on their small polisher. I recommend Adam's products to everyone for their unrivaled ease of use and made in the USA policy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, MagnaFlow - Tune - Gears - Homemade Air Grabber.
    Watch SaabKyle review my old Charger Scat Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OA...ezVy7g&index=3

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is that? Is da a buffer?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Da = dual action. Yes it's a buffer but instead of just spinning in one direction it goes left and right while it spins. Makes it much harder to burn the paint.
    2016 Charger Scat Pack
    LMI Intake
    3.70 gears
    Mid Muffler Delete
    Active exhaust delete
    Likes bgipson21, punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by centexcharger View Post
    Da = dual action. Yes it's a buffer but instead of just spinning in one direction it goes left and right while it spins. Makes it much harder to burn the paint.
    Harder, but ummm, not impossible.
    Well, so I've heard anyhow. I mean, I never ever burned a patch of paint on any 1971 VW super beetle or anything, but I heard you can still do it 😬

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Porter Cable 7424XP, been pretty good for me and known as a good one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought a Harbor Freight DA and swapped out the #6 weight for a Porter Cable #5. I use Meguiars products on my 08 Vette and will use the same products on the Scat when necessary.

Last edited by hemi_57; 10-13-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    2017 Granite Crystal Scat Pack
    Likes bgipson21 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi_57 View Post
    Bought a Harbor Freight DA and swapped out the #6 weight for a Port Cable #5. I use Meguiars products on my 08 Vette and will use the same products on the Scat when necessary.
    Same here, I have had the Harbor Freight DA for about 5 years with flawless performance. I have a 6" and 3" backing pad for it. I also have had their rotary polisher for about 10 years with a 1" backing pad.

I keep it simple now and just use Meguiars M105 and M205 polishes when needed and Adam's H20 Guard and Gloss after my monthly wash.

The entire car beads like this and its been a month since the last wash. I can't say good enough things about that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | SRT Max Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Thanks Tikibeast, bgipson21 thanked for this post
    Likes Heat00, bgipson21 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    Same here, I have had the Harbor Freight DA for about 5 years with flawless performance. I have a 6" and 3" backing pad for it. I also have had their rotary polisher for about 10 years with a 1" backing pad.

I keep it simple now and just use Meguiars M105 and M205 polishes when needed and Adam's H20 Guard and Gloss after my monthly wash.

The entire car beads like this and its been a month since the last wash. I can't say good enough things about that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this I was also looking at these items and more than likely I just may go this route and probably just get the Adams paint sealant or the guard n gloss. What pads are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgipson21 View Post
    Thanks for this I was also looking at these items and more than likely I just may go this route and probably just get the Adams paint sealant or the guard n gloss. What pads are you using?

The 7" (I mistakenly said 6" earlier) pads are Lake Country Kompressor Orange and white. The 1" are by Flex, the 3" are a generic foam assortment from Amazon, but they perform very well for a flawless finish.

The Guard and Gloss is awesome since it goes on while the car is still wet so you save some time there. It provides amazing protection but it also prevents any marring or scratches versus drying with just a towel.
    Last edited by BM_SRT; 10-13-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    The 7" (I mistakenly said 6" earlier) pads are Lake Country Kompressor Orange and white. The 1" are by Flex, the 3" a are generic foam assortment from Amazon, but they perform very well for a flawless finish.

The Guard and Gloss is awesome since it goes on while the car is still wet so you save some time there. It provides amazing protection but it also prevents any marring or scratches versus drying with just a towel.
    May use the guard and gloss after I use the paste wax from meguiars that I have been using..to help the wax last a bit longer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast