Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning up the decals

So I have a 2017 Daytona 392 that is really decal heavy. How do I get the stickers/decals cleaned and protected? I've tried just simple sop and water but that leaves streaks. I tried quick detailer spray, I tried vinyl cleaner I tried simple green. All leave streaks...

I'm a big zaino guy and I try to keep with their product line because they stuff is amazing, but at this point I'm lost. Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used detail spray on my 2013 Daytona with no issues. Spray a microfiber towel and then wipe it on .

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Try 303 Protectant. Worked well on my 2015 Challenger R/T Plus vinyl stripes. After I traded that car, I swore I would never have another car with ANY vinyl striping. Love my Charger SP with just PAINT!!!
    2016 Charger Scat Pack, Granite Pearl, 485HP 6.4L Hemi, ZF-8HP 8 Speed Auto
    2014 Ram 1500, Flame Red, 395HP 5.7L Hemi, ZF-8HP 8 Speed Auto
    2017 BMW 330i, Imperial Blue Metallic, 248HP Turbo 2L 4Cyl, 8 Speed Auto (Wife's Car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino used to be the ****, but it's been surpassed by easier to use, simpler products that work just as well. I used to be a big Zaino fan too, but it's too much work for the results.

For the decals, I recommend the same product I use on my wife's 2006 Daytona, Adam's Polishes H2O Guard n Gloss. It's a spray sealant, that you apply while you're drying your wet car. It goes on completely clear, no smudges and no build up in cracks. I use it on the entire exterior: rubber, glass, paint, decals, every surface.

Here's a picture of my wife's car's decals, as you can see they look good and they don't lose their matte appearance:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack 392-B5. Tires - Tune - Catch Can - Hellcat Intake.
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, MagnaFlow - Tune - Catch Can - Gears - Homemade Air Grabber.
    Watch SaabKyle review my old Charger Scat Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OA...ezVy7g&index=3

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027
    Facebook: The Detail Nerd
    Thanks Djvann thanked for this post
    Likes Djvann liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Dammit. I wish I would have read this post earlier in the week. I just did my big 100 dollar zaino order. Ur right I love their stuff and in my opinion nothing last longer or gives a deeper shine but damn it's a pain to use and the fact that I can never use anything with it other than zaino is a pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstyle View Post
    Dammit. I wish I would have read this post earlier in the week. I just did my big 100 dollar zaino order. Ur right I love their stuff and in my opinion nothing last longer or gives a deeper shine but damn it's a pain to use and the fact that I can never use anything with it other than zaino is a pain.
    You can always return it or Craigslist it. It does give great results, it's just unforgiving!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Goat View Post

Damn....your wife's car looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Impressive job......
    Thanks Beach Goat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have used the Meguiar's Quik Wax for years on my Daytona with no issues. Decals still look good.

2013 Daytona MODS: K&N AirCharger, Billet Catch Can, Mopar Front Strut Tower, Trinity 93oct Tune, Custom Strut Cover Caps, Mopar Chin Spoiler, R1 Concepts Cross-Drilled Rotors, MGP Caliper Covers, 22" Hellcat Replicas
    SpeedLogix 84mm Throttle Body, Custom Daytona Rocker Decal, SpeedLogix Rear Swaybar EndLinks
    Likes Beach Goat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That stuff is good for a quick detailer, but the "wax" protection is gone in about two days. No substitute for sealant or carnauba wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you would get the butter wax in addition to the H2O stuff right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the guard n Gloss as the base sealant for long lasting protection, then top it off with the Buttery Wax every few months to increase the gloss. It's a great look, she routinely gets compliments on the paint of her ten year old car!

The Buttery Wax will get stuck in the edges of the decals, though. Guard n Gloss ok for the decals, Buttery Wax better for just the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really surprised you don't Zaino the stripes , I do and after 8 years they look brand new. so does my paint . yeah lot of work, and i clay bar every other year.

PB ET 14.02 at CamaroFest 5 totally stock
    PB RT Sportsman tree .003 at Challengerfest 3, PB RT pro tree .019 at MSHS VMP 5/16
    PB 0-60 3.80 Atco Raceway Drag Radials 11/14

PB 0-60 4.40 Street Tires on the street Calabash 10/14

PB 60' 1.540 @ Atco 11/16
    PB ET 1/8 7.153 @ Atco 11/16
    PB MPH 1/8 97.34 @ Atco 11/16
    PB ET 11.242 @ Atco 11/16
    PB MPH 121.95 @ Atco 11/16
    Likes Beach Goat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a really hard time getting the zaino off once I put it on the stripes. I was using Z2 with ZFX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that's why I don't like Zaino anymore. Very difficult to buff off and it stains trim.

Share This Thread