Post Thanks / Like

2013 charger rt audio question

Hello, I previously installed an amp and 1 subwoofer in a box on my 13 charger rt and my alternator went out and i had to get the car towed to the dealer. Come to find out that the alternator had a recall and repaired. Im nervous in redoing the install on the sub and amp cause i dont want this to happen again. Im not a professional, i learned this on youtube and it worked, not sure if i grounded it correctly tho, (i used the same ground spot at the rear battery ground location. What should i do, your comments would be greatly appreciated. (980w amp with 600w rms sub)

Sent from my SM-G892U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Your install didn't have anything to do with the alternator going out, there was a recall on them...they were faulty before you ever put the sub in.

Redo your system and enjoy it!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks RavensNation5220 thanked for this post
    Likes RavensNation5220 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher69 View Post
    Your install didn't have anything to do with the alternator going out, there was a recall on them...they were faulty before you ever put the sub in.

Redo your system and enjoy it!!

Thanks, gonna set it up now. I greatly appreciate it. Ive gotten the same feedback from others, i was nervous about the alt issue.

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNation5220 View Post
    Thanks, gonna set it up now. I greatly appreciate it. Ive gotten the same feedback from others, i was nervous about the alt issue.

I've done literally hundreds of installs and never wrecked an alternator...not even on my first 5 lol