Post Thanks / Like

2014 with 5.7 and 3.06 open differntial.

Am in process of modifying my Charger, and wondered what is available and affordable for limited slip differentials?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    The 3.06 and 3.92 Getrag have both come down in price since the HP transmissions have been out. You will find some good prices on the MOPAR online shops. Steve White motors or Mac Haik are two that I use. You need the axles to go with the diff.
    2013 Daytona

Arrington 392 Stroker, Edelbrock Eforce 10.5 psi, ARH LT's, SHR HTC Trans, 3.92 Getrag

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know about axles being specific to gearset. Am still learning.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    The 3.06 in my 2013 Daytona R/T Road and Track with super Track Pack seems to be limited slip. I have a best 60' time of 1.91 with the stock Goodyear F1 tires and I don't have just one tire spinning? Are you sure your 3.06 is not limited slip? I can't see spending the money unless you go all the way and get the 3.92...
    Last edited by Billet1; 09-11-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    2013 Daytona Charger R/T silver Road and Track/STP 13.40@103.75
    2016 Hellcat Charger Silver/ruby red and CF Stripes ET TBD
    http://s397.photobucket.com/user/Roa...?sort=3&page=1

Post Thanks / Like
    Only the SRT's came with the Getrag limited slip unless someone upgraded your Daytona. I have the same car and it would leave two patches of rubber with the open diff before I did the swap. The electronic open is fairly good and the reason I upgraded was for increased acceleration at lower speeds and also to get the stronger axles.

Nice Hellcat!
    Last edited by Tacamo01; 09-12-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have run my Daytona about once a year at a show and race in Maryland. I always turn the traction control completely off and it gets traction with both tires. That 1.91 60' time was not too shabby! I don't think there will be much performance improvement switching from a 3.06 to another 3.06? (Thanks...The Hellcat is 1 of only 2 worldwide silver with stripes and red interior.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billet1 View Post
    I have run my Daytona about once a year at a show and race in Maryland. I always turn the traction control completely off and it gets traction with both tires. That 1.91 60' time was not too shabby! I don't think there will be much performance improvement switching from a 3.06 to another 3.06? (Thanks...The Hellcat is 1 of only 2 worldwide silver with stripes and red interior.)
    Same on my SRT8 Super Bee. Both tires grab like the old positrack rear end (yeah I know I am dating myself.) Running 3.06 with a 5sp auto. On the track it wants to get sideways quick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're upgrading, upgrade the ring and pinion too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, MagnaFlow - Tune - Gears - Homemade Air Grabber.
    Watch SaabKyle review my old Charger Scat Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OA...ezVy7g&index=3

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027