Post Thanks / Like

2008 RT Hemi Daytona

Guys
    Can I make my 5.7 Hemi into a 6.4 SRT beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure but it would be much cheaper to sell your 5.7 and buy a car that came with a 6.4

With enough time and money you can do most anything except avoiding taxes and death.
    2006 Silver Steel Metallic Charger R/T with Performance Package (AWT)
    For show -- Daytona chin spoiler -- Daytona grille -- side molding and rear goat head delete -- BT Mopar Hood Emblem
    For go -- Diablo canned tunes -- Chally SRT8 suspension and wheels -- R2C CAI -- 180 T-Stat -- R1 Rotors and Hawk HPS pads -- winter wheels/tires for the cold

Likes Beach Goat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigM View Post
    Sure but it would be much cheaper to sell your 5.7 and buy a car that came with a 6.4

With enough time and money you can do most anything except avoiding taxes and death.
    I looked and tried to find one, but I can't find one

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by henrock360 View Post
    I looked and tried to find one, but I can't find one

Tried to find another 08 Daytona with a 6.4...? Hopefully I read that wrong lol. You'd have to find a 2012 or newer SRT car to get one. If you want your Daytona to have it then you'll have to build it into a stroker or get one built to put in.

03 Hemi Ram, 06 Charger R/T, 05 Magnum R/T
    Likes henrock360 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sell your car and buy a 6.4 car

Or

Buy a 6.4 motor in either crate motor or stroker form

Those are your two options. Either one will probably cost $10k-$20k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, MagnaFlow - Tune - Gears - Homemade Air Grabber.
    Watch SaabKyle review my old Charger Scat Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OA...ezVy7g&index=3

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027

Likes henrock360 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheapest route would to get your current motor stroked to 392. Will probably have more power and torque than the OEM 6.4. Ball park is 7 to 10 grand depending on the parts you use and the builder. The vendors on this forum have great reviews.
    Thanks henrock360 thanked for this post
    Likes HemiLonestar, Beach Goat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind, it isn't just the engine that makes an SRT. Suspension, brakes, etc work together/compliment it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiLonestar View Post
    Keep in mind, it isn't just the engine that makes an SRT. Suspension, brakes, etc work together/compliment it.
    Ok thank you
    Im going to drop 7k in it

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2006 Daytona... if you on a budget, buy a 5.7L to 392 Stroker kit (forged crank, rods and pistons) for $3K (online) and get it installed for another $2500. If not, buy the 5.7L to 392 stroker short block for $5K and get it installed for $2k.
    Weekend Ride- 2006 Daytona Charger R/T (Top Banana): Paxton Novi 1500 S/C 5.7L 2006 Daytona Charger, 572rwhp @7PSI , Air to Air intercooled, BBK 85mm TB, Comp Cammed, ported heads and intake, SPL Loud mouth exhaust, Pacesetter headers, and Dyno-Comp tuned

Daily Driver 2014 Chrysler 300 (Deep Cherry):Stock 3.6L with 22" red color matched wheels, SRT8 spoiler upgrade, professionally painted tinted head & tail lights and Custom Black mesh grill. Waiting on Accuair system with E-level (Back ordered).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDaytona View Post
    I have a 2006 Daytona... if you on a budget, buy a 5.7L to 392 Stroker kit (forged crank, rods and pistons) for $3K (online) and get it installed for another $2500. If not, buy the 5.7L to 392 stroker short block for $5K and get it installed for $2k.
    What u think should I sell my ride and get a hell cat. My wife tells me to upgrade it because the money I paid for it when 08 cam out

Post Thanks / Like
    I would never turn down a hellcat. But insurance is to much for my taste; at 35yrs old in AZ with no tickets or accidents, i was quoted at $225 per month ($1K deductible). The scat was only $135 per month.

Just remember, if you invest more money into the Daytona, the private resale will tap out around $20-10K. I have a supercharged Daytona (83,0000 miles) with 570whp and it will be hard for me to get $20K for mine.

My car for sell, just an FYI... Supercharged 5.7L Daytona Charger - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDaytona View Post
    I would never turn down a hellcat. But insurance is to much for my taste; at 35yrs old in AZ with no tickets or accidents, i was quoted at $225 per month ($1K deductible). The scat was only $135 per month.

Just remember, if you invest more money into the Daytona, the private resale will tap out around $20-10K. I have a supercharged Daytona (83,0000 miles) with 570whp and it will be hard for me to get $20K for mine.

My car for sell, just an FYI... Supercharged 5.7L Daytona Charger - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale
    Damn that's my color mine is orange and black
    If I could sell mine I'll hit u up.