Post Thanks / Like

Transmission Name

Does anyone know the Name and Type of Transmission that comes in the R/T Charger 2006? Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    it is a nag1 trans.
    2007 SILVER CHARGER SRT: OBX LONG TUBES, NO CATS, MAGNAFLOW MUFFLERS, SRT MAX CAM, BFNY PORTED 6.1 HEADS, LMI TRUE CAI, 3200 ENHANCED TRANSMISSION CONVERTER, 3.55 GETRAG/UPGRADED CLUTCHES, 180* T-STAT, ATI FLEXPLATE, EUROCHARGED TCM, PORTED INTAKE AT TB, 90MM BBK TB, DIABLOTOONA TUNED.

2007 BB CHARGER R/T- 400ci stroker, big cam, 3.23 getrag upgraded clutches, to much to list.........

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a W5A580 transmission behind the Hemi and the larger V6 engines. W5A580 stands for hydraulic converter, 5 forward gears with an input max of 580 newtonmeters. It is commonly called the NAG1 which stands for New Automatic Gearbox Gen#1. it is of course a Mercedes Benz transmission.
    Likes LouMarq liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorMuscle View Post
    It is a W5A580 transmission behind the Hemi and the larger V6 engines. W5A580 stands for hydraulic converter, 5 forward gears with an input max of 580 newtonmeters. It is commonly called the NAG1 which stands for New Automatic Gearbox Gen#1. it is of course a Mercedes Benz transmission.
    Ok Thank You. And these are for the Hemi 5.7 Chargers right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LouMarq View Post
    Ok Thank You. And these are for the Hemi 5.7 Chargers right ?

YES..... the only auto transmission used on the Hemi LX chassis(Chrysler 300c, Dodge Charger and Magnum's), including the SRT8's. There was no other option. It was thenused on the LC chassis when te Challenger's came out, Jeep Liberty's I think the Wranglers, Dodge RAM's etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorMuscle View Post
    YES..... the only auto transmission used on the Hemi LX chassis(Chrysler 300c, Dodge Charger and Magnum's), including the SRT8's. There was no other option. It was thenused on the LC chassis when te Challenger's came out, Jeep Liberty's I think the Wranglers, Dodge RAM's etc.
    Only Jeep that got the NAG1 was the SRT Grand Cherokee. None of the Rams ever did, we got saddled with that **** 545RFE, as did most of the Jeeps for a while. Liberty's got the RFE early on, then they got the even worse 42RLE. I wish my Ram had a NAG1...I'd still be on my original trans lol.

03 Hemi Ram, 06 Charger R/T, 05 Magnum R/T