Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I smell coolant

Post Thanks / Like
    He had coolant dripping when he revved it, so it's not that he needs to clean the engine bay. I can't believe the dealership can't find it???? If they clean everything very well, and pressurize the system, they should be able to find it with a lift, and good lighting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the heater hoses behind the coolant tank. The "T" fitting is leaking on mine and dripping coolant onto the transmission.
    2010 Charger 5.7 Police
    Cop Brakes, Cop Shocks, Tranzformer, Fastman TB, Sharadon Tune, LMI Frankentake IV, Stock T-Stat, UPR Catch Can, Mid-Muff delete, SRT 3.06 rear.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."
    -John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    See if the torque on the heads are right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Coolant bottle is 30 bucks or less. Get a bottle of talcum powder. Spread it around and look for the wet-spot. My leak was the side of the radiator almost no sign of it. small as hell and the hose under the recovery tank. Replaced the hose now the smell is almost not noticeable. I will be replacing the RED soon. I want the 500.00 monster that is on here but can't build that much scratch to buy it. When I do replace my current stocker I am going to take the ends off and clean it and reseal it myself. Keep it as a spare or sell it. Let us know what you find on your system.
    Scoot >>

FTI Stall Torque Converter

Thanks to our brave men and women who fight for our freedom and those who put themselves in harms way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't you just put dye in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The overflow bottle has a small weep hole on the back side along the fender upper lip. Check and see if it might be leaking from there. A good indicator would be coolant leaking just below the rear fender arch. Usually visible after extended idling in one place and a very prominent coolant odor.
    2006 Dodge Magnum SE, Brilliant Black, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, KYB shocks, RT Stabilizer bars (front and rear), MOOG Front end components, Prothane Polyurethane, 235 55R18 Pirelli P-Zero Nero All Season on Satin black Police Steelies - 365,000+ km and still going strong.
    2015 Dodge Charger SXT- Pitch Black - Bone stock for now.
    Thanks unfall66 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread