Post Thanks / Like

Drive Shaft Worries ?

I have the 2017 Challenger Hellcat automatic, stock on drag radials, should the drive shaft hold up ok or when should I start to worry about it breaking ? I don't plan to add any more power to the car (maybe) , but has anyone else broke a drive shaft just on drag radials with a stock Hellcat ? Or at what HP should I start to think about upgrading drive shaft & axles ? Info is appreciated, Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wondering the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JRW114 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    yeah , If necessary, I would rather replace now instead of it breaking first & maybe tearing up other stuff ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't they change the ds in 16 to a stronger one because everyone was breaking the 15 shafts?
    i do know the dad shafts are hit or miss on fitment and vibration (even dampened)... g force might have one and qa1 is working on theirs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifty View Post
    Didn't they change the ds in 16 to a stronger one because everyone was breaking the 15 shafts?
    i do know the dad shafts are hit or miss on fitment and vibration (even dampened)... g force might have one and qa1 is working on theirs.
    I don't know about the stronger ds but I hope they did, I hope the stock ds will handle drag radials ? I do have Auto trans. so it's a little easier on ds. Does anyone else know about the updated stock stronger ds in the 2016 & 2017 Hellcats ?

Post Thanks / Like
    If your running drag radials you should get the drive shaft. The 16 shafts are breaking as well with stock power and drag radials.