Thread: wrx wheel paint

Post Thanks / Like

wrx wheel paint

YES I scraped 2 of the wheels. I can not be alone.......hopefully someone knows what I can use for touch up. Just along the outer part......... the obvious part. Any hot tips?

WRT wheels, typo.
    Last edited by silver scat; 06-19-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    2016 Challenger Scat Pack: Silver, A-8, Katzkin black/light gray leather, Sunroof, Convenience Group, WRT Wheels, Harmon Kardon, Nav, Window tint, Modern R/T hood decal, Scat Pack trunk stripes, Black HEMI hood emblems... Hope to get some big fat tires and everything! I love it! I NEED it, I BLEED IT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Far as I've heard there is no color match paint from dodge. You'd have to find custom.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ronan978;5000546]Far as I've heard there is no color match paint from dodge. You'd have to find custom.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I would settle for anything dark that would stick! I know a rim guy, re finishes rims for dealers..... hoping to avoid all that. $55. ea. NOT bad, dealers price but.....
    I just want some touch up. They are very sensitive to being touched by curbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Silver Scat, hope you are well, other than the wheel damage of course. I recently saw something on TV where they installed a ring on the outer of the wheel to prevent just that. Yes, it's like closing the barn door AFTER the horse escaped. Maybe someone on here could help with who makes what... Best of luck !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BATTman View Post
    Silver Scat, hope you are well, other than the wheel damage of course. I recently saw something on TV where they installed a ring on the outer of the wheel to prevent just that. Yes, it's like closing the barn door AFTER the horse escaped. Maybe someone on here could help with who makes what... Best of luck !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Thanks Battman. I am not installing any wheel guards. Hahaha. I can not be the only one with wrt wheels or any dark wheel that touched a curb. It don't take much and sticks out like a sore thumb. If you know where to look. Tried some body paint and it came OFF. AHHHH! Twice. A marker would be good if it worked! Two spots. Thanks very much. Hope all is well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had rash on two of my rims and sanded them down and plasti dipped them.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Likes levi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage85 View Post
    I had rash on two of my rims and sanded them down and plasti dipped them.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    How does that hold up? Better than the one's we have now? Starting to see this is a bigger deal than I want to think. I'd better call my rim guy, Caesar!
    If you are in South Chicago Subs. I got a guy. Blast it down and repaint, even get deep stuff OUT. While you wait......in the car. on the last car. Pot hole in the rain.......NOT FAIR. Warm winter! But if that plasti dip works better..........thanks.