Post Thanks / Like

Installing a Hellcat OEM clutch kit into a 2015 Scat pack 6M

So I've had my SP for 2 yrs. After hundreds of passes at the local drag strip and 25k miles of hard city driving in south Florida heat, I felt a very light slip in the clutch in 6th gear on highway. I'm happy with the stock clutch and how well it held up. Thought about the McLeod set up until I checked my bank account. So I have decided to put the OEM Hellcat clutch kit into my SP 392. The dual discs are 258mm for HC vs 240 mm for 392. I'm thinking it will work out but I guess I have to wait and see. Getting parts this weekend. Entire HC clutch kit w/ new Flywheel is 1k. It would be double that for aftermarket kit w/flywheel. I'm hoping to have HC kit installed by Next week. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Likes rawj777 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Removed stock clutch/flywheel/PP/slave etc. here are some pics. I cooked this mofo. After 400 +5k launches I think it did its job well

Last edited by B5ScatPack; 04-23-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    New parts. Hellcat OEM kit

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up the Scat Daddy about an hour ago. After about 25 miles the hellcat clutch is feeling great. I will keep everyone posted while doing the break in. 🤞🤞🤞

Post Thanks / Like
    I've definitely followed along, great thread and looking forward to your impressions of the new clutch.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group
    Likes B5ScatPack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
    I've definitely followed along, great thread and looking forward to your impressions of the new clutch.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Glad your keeping tabs , I was wondering if anyone gave a hoot!

Post Thanks / Like
    How was the fit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack 392-B5. Tires - Tune - Catch Can - Hellcat Intake.
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, MagnaFlow - Tune - Catch Can - Gears - Homemade Air Grabber.
    Watch SaabKyle review my old Charger Scat Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OA...ezVy7g&index=3

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027
    Facebook: The Detail Nerd

Post Thanks / Like
    All good after 50 miles. Gotta make sure I heat cycle it to seat it. Like butter so far

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Goat View Post
    How was the fit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Super smooth in terms of installation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B5ScatPack View Post
    Super smooth in terms of installation.

I got referred to this thread from another forum. My brother has a 6.1 SRT8 Challenger with the TR6060. We procharged it along with basic supporting bolt ons. I put a centerforce clutch in for him that he picked out, but he quickly burnt it out at the strip doing burn outs. From what I've read the centerforce clutches are junk. I'm thinking the Hellcat clutch would be a great option. His car dynod around 575rwhp. How have you liked the Hellcat clutch? Also, I know it's the same transmission, but where his car is the 6.1 would this swap still work? I'm not overly familiar with these cars, trying to do a little research. I need to do the clutch ASAP, it's undrivable right now. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm at 2500miles since installing the oem HC clutch kit on my 15 SP. All good with no issues. I'm not exactly sure if the HC clutch will fit in a 6.1, but if it has a dual disc T6060 it should be no problem. Contact Steve White Motors and ask them if the part # of the flywheel is the same. If so then yes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B5ScatPack View Post
    I'm at 2500miles since installing the oem HC clutch kit on my 15 SP. All good with no issues. I'm not exactly sure if the HC clutch will fit in a 6.1, but if it has a dual disc T6060 it should be no problem. Contact Steve White Motors and ask them if the part # of the flywheel is the same. If so then yes

I did a little research and it looks like the 6.1, 6.4, and Hellcat all share the same flywheel, part number 05038113AC or AD.

6.1 and 6.4 both use clutch # 05038119AH or AF.
    Hellcat uses clutch #05038769AB

So, it looks like I should be good to go with the same set up you did. Any tips? Where did you get a clutch alignment tool?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did it with a friend who works at a dealership. All tools were in shop