Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not either why I was trusting the guy who told me who has raced most of his live. He said it would help me since I have 3.06 gears. He wants me to swap to 3.92 but not ready todo that yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The pros use lots of sidewall because they need to stick at 700+hp. It depends on how hard you are launching but it’s a balancing act between sidewall needed, width against rolling resistance and total diameter for final drive ratio.
    He may need to go back to more sidewall with the new converter though. And definitely go back if you go to 3.91.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea my car is mostly stock doesn’t make any we’re near 700 lol just wanna get the most I can outta the car and enjoy racing it more! And guess we’ll find out when I get everything put on hopefully it’ll hook up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newoldchallenger View Post
    The pros use lots of sidewall because they need to stick at 700+hp. It depends on how hard you are launching but it’s a balancing act between sidewall needed, width against rolling resistance and total diameter for final drive ratio.
    He may need to go back to more sidewall with the new converter though. And definitely go back if you go to 3.91.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
    Understood, didn't think that he was rolling with the 3.06 gears. I have the 3.91 w/6 speed so I tend to think everyone does LOL
    2009 Challenger SRT8 TorRed (AKA Tori)
    SRT Max Plus cam, Ported n Polished intake manifold/Heads w/Long Tube Headers by Rich Mack, Edelbrock E-force supercharger, tune by Dave Katz, Cat delete, 3" exhaust w/Magnaflow mufflers 180* T-stat, catch can, Hurst short throw w/pistol grip shifter, Amsoil fluids

06 Magnum R/T AWD

1976 Corvette L82 (gave to my Son)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12