Post Thanks / Like

Car died.....24 trouble codes

Hi!

I have a 2013 Challenger SRT8 with 14,500 miles. I drove it yesterday to and from work and it ran fine.
    Parked in the driveway and went inside for about 30 min. I came out to put her in the garage and she just cranked.....wouldn't start. I tries 3 or 4 times to start the car and just cranked. The 5th time I tried, it started and the engine lite came on. I put it the garage and read the trouble codes.
    P3401,P3425,P3441,P3449,P0032,P0038,P0052,P0058. They were all listed 3 times. I tried to start it a few times since and it starts fine but the engine light is still lit. I'm afraid to take it out because I don't want to get stuck somewhere.*Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome - a little background information on the vehicle might help. What mods on the car? Any recent service? Stuff like that....

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / VIP300 bonnet spoiler / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Rebadged by Nate / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
    Welcome - a little background information on the vehicle might help. What mods on the car? Any recent service? Stuff like that....
    Hello. No mods whatsoever. My car is totally stock. About four hundred miles ago six months ago the PCM failed. I was stranded on the highway, had to have it towed to the dealer. They replaced the PCM.

Plum 302

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's possible then that your issues are PCM related again and there should be warranty since the replacement was done recently. I would bring it back to the dealer to confirm that the PCM hasn't packed it in again..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I am dropping it off Monday morning at the dealer. I'm not going to drive it till then.....don't want to get stranded again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you're baby need a lemon issue.. bad wiring failing multiple pcms

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE car is still at the dealership. Dodge opened a star case.

Plum 302
    Thanks BryGuy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE The dealership kept my car for 11 days. They couldn't replicate the problem and the PCM didn't store any info during the event.
    They checked all the wiring harnesses and ran ground tests. They returned the car to me and said if it does happen again, Chrysler will put a flight recorder on my Challenger to record all events.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelySrt View Post
    Good to know. Thanks for the info.
    Broke down again. April 4th, went to the first local car show of the season. Drove there in the morning (5 miles) car ran great. Pulled into the parking lol. I turned the car off and waited for my friend. When I tried to start it it just cranked. I tried numerous times and it just cranked. Decided to call for a flat bed after the show. Kept trying to start it for 4 hours. All of the sudden, 4 hours later, it started. I drove it home......first thing the next morning it started right up and I drove it directly to the Dealer. No codes, no engine light. They kept it for 3 days, couldn't find anything at all. I requested they install a flight recorder and they did.
    If it happens again in the next 3 weeks it will record what is going on I hope.

Plum 302

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you have an angry badger under the hood of that thing. Good luck exercising your demons.
    Scoot >>

Thanks to our brave men and women who fight for our freedom and those who put themselves in harms way.
    Likes Plum302 liked this post

Share This Thread