Post Thanks / Like

2011 Mopar Upgrades

My stepfather just starting running his Mopar at a local road course. He has raced boats and cars for years, but it has been several years since he got behind the wheel. Although he will be building something for the track in the future, he is playing with the Mopar while falls back in love with the track.

Are there any mods that NEED to be done to the car? Money is not an issue, but driveability on the street and preserving the factory warranty should be considered.

Since it has an extended warranty, should he not worry about adding extra ps, oil, and tranny coolers? Any easy bolt ons that would make for a faster lap time?

Tia. I grew up as a car guy, but road courses are a different beast than going in a straight line.

Post Thanks / Like
    2011 is when the Challenger became a frowny face, Ram-less, suspension changes and the 392 available. Also, power steering went electric so worries there.

Brakes like to go soft and would be a primary concern so better pads (Carbotech, some Hawk, Cobalt, PFC, some Raybestos, Ferodo, StopTech are some HPDE options), fluid (550+ from Motul, ATE, Wilwood, StopTech, Catrol off the top of my head), and maybe stainless steel braided lines (Goodridge, Russell, StopTech).

Reference the Frankencooler and Joelvan's radiator thread for insight on the cooling system of these modern Mopars and decide for yourself. Maybe only push it 80%.

Those items will protect you and your Mopar. Then there's tire selection for our heavy cars which have an XL load rating - but does that concern you? Limited/expensive options for a 20" wheel, many more for 18" (thanks to 200 treadwear tires for autox). The Nitto NT05 seems to be a popular choice for price, performance, longevity and availability.

I'd say those are the most relevant factors for HPDE before you dive into suspension upgrades.

Good luck!
    My FURIOUS FUCHSIA 2010 Challenger R/T A5
    FLOW LMI FIV w/ S&B, Belanger Tri-Y's, Zoomers, 392 front clip, SWM diffuser, Trinity
    GO Wavetrac LSD, AMG diff cooler, Tranzfomer/NoESP
    WHOA SRT8 Bilsteins, Mopar springs, Hotchkis sways, PowerGrid endlinks, REM bumpsteer, Whiteline bushings, Petty front brace, REM rear brace, REM trans brace, Mopar M6 mounts, Joelvan's P/S pulley, DBA rotors, Carbotech pads, Russell s/s lines
    SHOW Billet Tech, 3G Customz, S&P, Hurst, WebElectric, RiderGraphix
    TO INTSALL: Frankencoolers for P/S, oil and trans

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that he had the srt pads put on the car. He claims that the brakes feel fine. I will definitely have him change to a higher temp fluid.

I appreciate the reply.

Share This Thread