Manton Pushrods

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 151 to 162 of 162
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Chaos View Post
    Sounds like a converter problem. The car should squat hard and go.
    I believe the TC is fine. No datalogs to confirm but its not acting up in anyway.

    My guess is the ECU is somehow bogging down? Or I'm not getting into boost quick enough off the line.... after the initial 15-20 feet or so, then she really pulls hard as heck. But the inital 15-20 seems to be the culprit.

    OR - all of this may just be normal for a 4700lb race weight car with a 2800 converter. My 60fts are 1.76. I was honestly hopping for better considering I'm putting down 720wtq / 670whp though...
    RIP: 2012 Charger SRT8 PB 10.98 @ 126mph



  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bucks County, PA
    Posts
    3,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried stalling it higher than 2k? When you stall at the line, the moment you start rolling you will see an immediate drop as the engine is now dealing with a movement of mass. The way you describe your launch, it sounds like you are boggging it down low in your rpm power range (which makes sense if you look at your dyno) and then reving up into the meat of your power curve.

    Ideally you want to get that line stall as close as possible to your peak torque while trying to manage wheel spin as you roll out.
    Practice, practice, practice. Your car certainly has a 1.6 in it as-is.
    Mike



  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AvantSRT8 View Post
    Have you tried stalling it higher than 2k? When you stall at the line, the moment you start rolling you will see an immediate drop as the engine is now dealing with a movement of mass. The way you describe your launch, it sounds like you are boggging it down low in your rpm power range (which makes sense if you look at your dyno) and then reving up into the meat of your power curve.

    Ideally you want to get that line stall as close as possible to your peak torque while trying to manage wheel spin as you roll out.
    Practice, practice, practice. Your car certainly has a 1.6 in it as-is.
    I can bring her up to 2500rpm but no more... and almost every time I did, I broke the beams premature resulting in worse 60ft times. I did get one launch without breaking the beams at 2500rpm but the 60ft was very much the same.

    They were all the same, 1.77, 1.78, 1.76, etc....

    What I'm curious about is if there is any ECU power being sucked by gunning it vs. rolling hard into it. Again (I'm stupid for not doing it), but I ever tried rolling hard. I was determined to keep mashing the gas as I wasn't spinning. I should of tried rolling into it...

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mdgrwl View Post
    I can bring her up to 2500rpm but no more... and almost every time I did, I broke the beams premature resulting in worse 60ft times. I did get one launch without breaking the beams at 2500rpm but the 60ft was very much the same.

    They were all the same, 1.77, 1.78, 1.76, etc....

    What I'm curious about is if there is any ECU power being sucked by gunning it vs. rolling hard into it. Again (I'm stupid for not doing it), but I ever tried rolling hard. I was determined to keep mashing the gas as I wasn't spinning. I should of tried rolling into it...
    How long are you holding the rev at 2000rpms? The older gen SRT8's pull timing if you hold the rev to long. As soon as the lights start I quickly rev up and mash it. You should have no problem seeing 1.6x 60's even in bad DA and at 4700 weight.

    6.1 Cam Only
    1.643: 60ft
    7.462: 1/8
    92.54: 1/8 mph
    11.701: 1/4
    116.50: 1/4 mph
    1.62: Best 60ft


  5. #155
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bucks County, PA
    Posts
    3,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, busting thru the brakes.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2006SilverRT View Post
    How long are you holding the rev at 2000rpms? The older gen SRT8's pull timing if you hold the rev to long. As soon as the lights start I quickly rev up and mash it. You should have no problem seeing 1.6x 60's even in bad DA and at 4700 weight.
    Yeah I'm aware of the timing issue so I bring my RPM's up when I see the tree start to fall.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    arlington tx
    Posts
    1,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    With my tc (3200 edge) I found I get my best ets and 60 fts if I barely stall it up...maybe 1200-1500 rpms. I know every tc is different though. How much do those superchargers weigh?
    Inertia 426 Stroker, Inertia 234/245/115 LSA custom cam, Arrington Stage 4 heads, MACK BUILT ported intake, LMI True CAI, ATI 5% OD Pulley, Pypes Race Pro 3" exhaust w/o cats, Paramount trans & tcm, Lakewood 90/10s, FTI converter, 3.91 Getrag, Nitrous Outlet Direct Port w/ nano & dedicated fuel system, Race stars w/ MH fronts and Hoosier Slicks, Tuned Diablotoona!

    426 NA 1/8 PB: 7.09 @ 94 mph w/ 1.50 60 ft. DA 800 ft
    426 N20 1/8 PB: 6.40 @ 111 mph w/ 1.46 60 ft DA 3400 ft

    426 NA 1/4 PB: 11.33 @ 122 mph w/ 1.58 60 ft
    426 N20 1/4 PB: 10.14 @ 135 w/ 1.49 60 ft

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd expect its capable of a little better 60fts with that kind of power. 1.5s or 1.6s at least. My car was capable of 1.4s and 1.5 with less hp, stock suspension, full weight and 3.55 gears. I wasnt stalling mine up much either just taking slack out of drivetrain.

    419 w/ 2.8 KB 7-8 #s 620 hp at that time


    10.61 gets the win light against a 9.89 - YouTube
    Blow it up and trailer it home!!

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bringing back this thread ha! I have a question i own a 2013 dodge charger rt with basic mods and i am wondering what is the general range of RPM most people hold theres at ? I am going to test this method out in about 1 hour or so if not tomorrow and see my times on my trinity! So if anyone can tell me what rpms i should test that would be great!

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 05 i hold around 1200-1500 now with 391 gears and a 3400 stall im still trying to figure out.
    2005 300c, 150 shot of nitrous. 391 getrag 3400 pro torque, srt8 rims, magnaflow catback with gutted cats, bbk shorty headers, custom cai, dyno tuned at authentic performance, tein super street coilovers, 180 tstat, diablo tuner, hhp stage 2 comp cams, mopar timing chain, 6.1 valves springs and spark plugs, non mds lifters, tranzformer, arrington catch can.

    best 1/4 mile 12.82 at 106mph 1.7 60' all motor
    Whp328.41 and 349.56 tq
    on the juice 11.19 at 120mph 1.49 60'

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Calabash, NC
    Posts
    1,545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Erik for this thread, i practiced a few launches on the street today using your techniques and got a personal best 0 - 60 MPH of 4.50sec. this is with the gas tank full and the car loaded with drag radials tools jacks etc (250 extra lbs)for VMP. I'm thinking if i got rid of the weight and with DR's on the track i can get this down to 4.3+/-. did have slip on the launch but still managed to get a pb on street tires. did try to launch in second gear(its an automatic) at 2,500 rpm and did a respectable 4.72. I'm expecting to be in the 11's at VMP this weekend.

    car is 09 RT Challenger automatic modded.

    again thanks for this info Erik. CK.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Central Louisiana
    Posts
    1,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good read. I'm using it as a primer to learn what to do before I go to a track for the first time and make a fool of myself.
    -Bryan

    2006 Charger SRT8: Nitrous Outlet plate w/ 100 shot, Paramount trans and 2800 converter, Getrag 3.91, tuned by Peitz Performance. (11.809 @ 116.15mph)

    2014 Durango RT: Road Magnet springs, 2.9L Whipple, Magnaflow cat-back, ARH LT headers, tuned by Peitz Performance (No Updated Time)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •