Post Thanks / Like

300s steering wheel

So does anyone know if it's possible to do a steering wheel swap and ecu from a 300s to have a working, manually shift able transmission? Since our transmission is drive by wire or whatever it's called I would love to do this if possible. Any info would be appreciated, I have researched it and found nothing to date. Thx.

2016 Chrysler 300 Limited
    (granite crystal)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you meaning shifting manually with paddle shifters? If that's your question, then yes. That's possible. Paddle shifters have been added to a few 1st gens and the process should be the same. I wouldn't consider it a DIY project, but if you're mechanical and have the means, go knutz. If you mean a true manual gear box, then I'm confused about the whole steering wheel portion. That's POSSIBLE as well as it's been also done in 1st gen land. However, the rotary kranster is a different beast all together than the older slushboxes. However, much like the older gens, FCA makes a manual for our platform, in Challenger form, so it's definitely possible. I just don't think anyone has done it.

So, whatever your question is, yes it's possible. However, you'll probably be jumping in feet first to accomplish it as no one has (knowingly) done it. The paddle shifts should be easy enough though. I can tell you that'll involve a reflash of the ecu.
    Quote Originally Posted by STREET LIFE R/T View Post
    The size of his wheels and stance not being right makes him a drug dealer..WTF.
    Likes jasontyo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I mean using steering wheel w/ paddles to make my car have manual mode.

2016 Chrysler 300 Limited
    (granite crystal)

Post Thanks / Like
    It can be done. Just need a way to activate the paddles and sport mode (I think the S's get that). Currently, the TaZer by Z Automotive will allow you to activate these features.

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
    Likes phx300az liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't be worth the time or money IMO. I have them on my S and rarely use them. I prefer a stick shift which is what my 2 previous cars were. This car however just feels better as an auto.

Post Thanks / Like
    See, and I'm completely opposite. I use my paddles all the time and it's one of my favorite additions to my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    They do come In handy for traffic oddly enough. I use them to hold a gear so its not constantly hunting for the highest possible gear as it does.