Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for info on 300 srt8 as a new car.

Hard to put in words but i am looking for a new playtoy for the summer months. I used to own T -Bird Supercoupes had 3 of them in my day so i am looking for recommendations as a new ride. I dont mind the larger cars as they tend to ride better than midsized cars. I like the 2012 and up 300 SRT8 as the interiors are better looking and the extra power from the 6.4 does not hurt.

I just signed up to this forum and i am hoping to get a honest opinion of the car as a comparison. I have never ridden in a SRT8 yet so your advise will be appreciated. Thanks.

Also if there is anything to look for as a problem down the road that would help as well.☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Cannuck? Wolverine used to say that. And he's Canadian. Any relation?

naw naw naw. I keed I keed. Anywho, this forum (especially the 300 section) is deadish. So, it may be a while before some other responses shake loose. At any rate, the only thing you'll really need to look out for in the SRT8's, as all LXs, is the front suspension. Tie rod ends, sway bar links, and ball joints just seem to go around 70-90k. Other than that, they're mechanically bulletproof.

The great thing about the SRT8 as opposed to the 5.7 is that you get all of the creature comforts as well as the extra added hp bump. Option wise, you're really driving a modern luxury car. I've heard that the carbon fiber around the bezels peel up. Never had it happen, but it's been covered on here
    Quote Originally Posted by STREET LIFE R/T View Post
    The size of his wheels and stance not being right makes him a drug dealer..WTF.
    Likes Jay Z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. The cars look classy and muscular. Hoping for more responses. The car at almost 500/500 really does not need any more power for the first few years. I found out with the t-bird once you start modding you really cannot stop.

Post Thanks / Like
    What has 500hp and 500tq? I bought the wrong year smh

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like those newer 300 srts as well. They are kind of hard to find though.

bill

2007 BB Charger SRT8
    Airaid CAI, 180 Tstat, BT Catch Can, D1S HID headlight conversion, red led interior swap, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, MTCM, 3.73 getrag, six speed motor mounts, Lakewood 70/30 front shocks w/ V6 springs and 50/50s in back, SRT Max Plus, Paramount 55series Nag1 and torque converter, CTP solid cradle bushings
    285/35 R20 Michelin Pilot Supersports all 4 wheels
    28" hoosier slicks, MH racemaster skinnies.
    Tuned by Tim @ MPH. 403 RWHP, 402 TQ.
    12.133@111.42, 1.762 60' 620 DA

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jay Z;5023264]What has 500hp and 500tq? I bought the wrong year smh

Okay 470/470 close enough to 500 for me. I am fine with that as a base power for at least 3-5 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    You and me both know that's a lie.... Lol of course you AT THE MINIMUM need intake, tuner and exhaust. THEN you'll be good for 3-5.....

Months. Cheers

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my 2012 but like stated above all my carbon fiber interior pieces have peeled off so I just finished peeling all of them off. My engine did go out at 49k miles but luckily for me was covered under warranty lol. Sometimes a few electronic kinks occur but other then that solid car. Love the classy look along with comfortable interior and the power that it does pack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any aftermarket interior pieces offered by any of the vendors. The car still sounds like a fun car...just asking. 49 k sounds kind of low for an engine to need a replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Chrysler stopped making the SRT8 version of the 300????????????
    I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you fail to understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    They have since 2015. I am looking for a used gem that has been taken care of from new. I am patient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
    I thought Chrysler stopped making the SRT8 version of the 300????????????
    They still make it, but don't sell it in North America!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | SRT Max Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post and good info. I too am looking at a couple 2012 300 SRT8's.
    Cam//Hi-Flow Mids//Tune
    12.8@109, 2.0 60'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bstiles23 View Post
    I love my 2012 but like stated above all my carbon fiber interior pieces have peeled off so I just finished peeling all of them off. My engine did go out at 49k miles but luckily for me was covered under warranty lol. Sometimes a few electronic kinks occur but other then that solid car. Love the classy look along with comfortable interior and the power that it does pack.
    WOW What was the engine failure due to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Interior carbon fiber SUCKS. I OWN A 2012 and love the car. Only problems so far. My car has 33000 miles on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast