Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Guess it all depends on where you're shopping and what the actual prices being paid are. First gen LX's seem to drop like a rock from new, worse depreciation than a luxury Euro car.

I just bought an 06 300 SRT8 that had less than 10K miles on it for far less than half what it stickered for new, and it wasn't the only one available at the time - deal fell through on a nearly identical one when he sold it to someone else.

I'm not complaining...I didn't shell out for one new; got what I thought was a great deal on a barely-used example! Love these cars.

Hopefully completing the deal to sell my "old" 06 300 SRT8 today, has about 94K miles...for a little above half what I paid for it 5 years and 30K miles ago. Pretty much what they're selling for all over town. That's a big hit in the wallet but IMO not unexpected; it's 5 years later and now it's "just another 100K mile SRT" instead of the 60K mile car I bought in 2012. It's still a great car and I wouldn't even sell it other than I found the deal on the practically new/used example.

Richard
    Used 3rd gens too (non SRT) although its hard to tell whats in it because they apparently badge the V6 models with 300c now.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | SRT Max Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 255/40/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity | Mishimoto Full Aluminum Radiator

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for info on 300 srt8 as a new car.

I love my 2012 300 srt8. I take care of the carbon fiber with some gorilla super glue gel (the "flex-formula" stuff that doesn't run). When it finally starts to come up , I'll clean off the old glue, throw some back on it, and it's good to go. When I got the car, the previous owner had already either replaced the shifter bezel with an all black one, or had cleanly removed the carbon fiber and chrome from it. It looks great, so I have no desire to replace it. The part number is the same as the carbon fiber piece, so I think they just cleaned it and made it all-black.

I have the standard Alpine audio in mine, so no extra subwoofer in the trunk. But, I used that space to put in a spare tire kit from and R/T. It's paid for itself once already, keeping me from having to get a lengthy tow when I picked up a huge screw in my right rear tire. I use a 1.5" spacer to allow the spare to clear the front brembos.

All I've done to the car is add a spare tire, 275 wide tires all around, and a tune. It already has everything else I want, like a good exhaust, power for days, good audio system, and a quick hard shifting transmission. 52k miles currently.

...oh, I did add an SRT front grill emblem too, to match up with all the other SRT's. not sure why they left it off the 2nd gen 300 srt8's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks ledsledsrt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI and sort of a sidebar topic, you can get a spare tire/wheel combo that will fit over the Brembos with no spacer needed. Check out Performance Spare's offerings. It's a little bit pricey compared to just getting a regular LX spare tire from a boneyard, but consider the time and effort saved when you're on the side of the road changing a flat - especially if you're on the freeway, where it's a major safety issue and every second counts. I've got one in my trunk...another benefit is that it's a brand new tire, so you don't have any worry about how many years old the boneyard spare might be.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jws1982 View Post
    I love my 2012 300 srt8. I take care of the carbon fiber with some gorilla super glue gel (the "flex-formula" stuff that doesn't run). When it finally starts to come up , I'll clean off the old glue, throw some back on it, and it's good to go. When I got the car, the previous owner had already either replaced the shifter bezel with an all black one, or had cleanly removed the carbon fiber and chrome from it. It looks great, so I have no desire to replace it. The part number is the same as the carbon fiber piece, so I think they just cleaned it and made it all-black.

I have the standard Alpine audio in mine, so no extra subwoofer in the trunk. But, I used that space to put in a spare tire kit from and R/T. It's paid for itself once already, keeping me from having to get a lengthy tow when I picked up a huge screw in my right rear tire. I use a 1.5" spacer to allow the spare to clear the front brembos.

All I've done to the car is add a spare tire, 275 wide tires all around, and a tune. It already has everything else I want, like a good exhaust, power for days, good audio system, and a quick hard shifting transmission. 52k miles currently.

...oh, I did add an SRT front grill emblem too, to match up with all the other SRT's. not sure why they left it off the 2nd gen 300 srt8's.

Any pics of the front? Debating adding an emblem--I like the stealth look but also proud of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jws1982 View Post
    Here you go.

Nice! Looks good with the chrome trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    she does look nice
    2012 SRT8 exhaust, intake, tuned, 180 thermostat, oil catch can
    2011 M37s 22's, BC coil overs, exhaust, intake, other small stuff
    2006 Land Rover (Wife's Ride) 22's
    2012 Camaro LS (wife's Ride) 22's, exhaust, intake, stereo upgrade
    2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughter's Ride)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I didn't want any other additional emblems, like the 392 badges on the sides. But, I felt like the SRT on the front is just supposed to be there. It's a mopar emblem with the tabs for the honeycomb grilles. I cut the tabs off, filled the spaces in the back with epoxy, then sanded it smooth on the back. Then, I used super sticky 3m double sided outdoor tape to attach the emblem to two of the small black square zip tie holders, like the ones you use under a desk for cable management. Then, two small back zip ties to attach those to the 300 grille. I did dremel some of the plastic off the zip tie holders to mount the emblem more flush to the grille. It sits almost as flush as emblems on other SRT's, and you'd never see the mounting stuff unless you were specifically looking for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123