Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 2012 Black on Black SRT8 300. I gotta say is is one of the best cars I have owned and i've owned a bunch. 50K on the clock. Everything works but the Carbon Fiber on the shift console lifted. I tried a couple of glues but no luck. Yesterday I got a couple of small black Pan head screws and locked it down. Right in the corners so it docent show so much. When I find a replacement or make one I will get rid of the screws. Other than that it runs sweet. On ramps are a blast. Sport or track modes are way to stiff for the street but i love the throttle response in track mode. I found a nice dyno shop that does Mopar and Mercedes. They can tune it to add about 30 to 35 extra HP and reset the torque controls so the throttle is linear in its response. That ought to get me somewhere north of 450 to the wheels. I am trying to decide if I want to keep the Black SRT wheels. Mine is a Vapor Black. The wheels got bad so the now are a shiny black powder coat. I think I am leaning toward some Chrome wheels so I can run 275/315 tires. I need wider rims for those. The performance is great for what I consider a small block V8. The Harmon Kardon sound system is the best factory sound system I have ever owned. Exhaust is quiet causing. When I hit it you can tell there is power there. I think at 70 I might be over the whole loud pipe thing. Ehhh and maybe not. The jury is out on that still. 14 to 15 mpg in town and a best of 21 on the highway so far. That was causing at 75/80. So it's comfy, quiet, and fast. Handles reasonably well for its weight. I would by another. I chose this over a GT 500 Shelby. Just for the back seat and trunk.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a rod drop from what they told me. Just heard a unusual ticking noise and got it towed. I understand there are some duds that do get built so that's what you got to account for

Post Thanks / Like
    The info is great and much appreciated. It seems that the carbon fiber trim is a big pita and i have seen this mentioned more than once. Still the car sounds great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great car and I still look forward to driving it every day. The Carbon fiber is enough to make you insane but once it cools down here I will be working on something to "Fix" the issue.
    2012 300 SRT8
    22" Vossen wheels, SLP Bigmouth II exhaust

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll say this. The SRT8 is one of the FEW cars I could leave stock for quite some time. And I don't leave cars stock lol. Power/$$ is great. As stated, the Harmon Kardon system is solid. I'm still fairly young, and I do like the "boom boom boom", but this sound system suffices. And, as a side note, it's powerful enough to upgrade without changing the head unit. I'm big on keeping things as OEM as possible, that's another plus for me. LIke I stated before, all in all, I think it's a GREAT value and a GREAT vehicle. You're getting a lot more than what you're paying for. I compare it to the likes of your upper end german sedans (which is kinda is a little bit).
    Quote Originally Posted by STREET LIFE R/T View Post
    The size of his wheels and stance not being right makes him a drug dealer..WTF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips the are appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    You will enjoy it. Yes the carbon fiber will peel. Not if but when. But they are stealthy quick, super quiet on the highway (think bank vault) and eat Audi a7s for lunch. I bought my '13 with 14k on the odo and gave just over half what it stickered for new. They are a super value and the rarest of the srt cars. Only around 1400 made in 13 and around 1100 in '14.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a 2014 with my only issue being the nav on the uconnect going out. Other than that it's a great car
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs
    Killer Glass - BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling - Drake Strut Bar
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brass Monkey Hellcat Reps - KW Adjustable Springs

Post Thanks / Like
    I love mine and yes the carbon fiber will peel. The leather wrapped dashes seem to have the same adhesive problems. Mine was replaced twice under warranty for adhesive failure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12