Post Thanks / Like

Testing steering column wiring without airbag

Total newbie to the forum, and to working on my 2005 Chrysler 300C. I apologize for posting this in multiple areas, but I got no response to the other one after 3 days, so I’m assuming the other one wasn’t in the right place.

I am trying to fix a brake light issue: high mount light works, tail light brake lights don't. I’ve found similar problems on this and other forums, but haven’t found one quite the same because my rear signal lights and hazards are working.

If I read the wiring diagrams right, it would seem that since the signal lights and third
    brake light work, to be either the wiring from S227 (between brake switch and high mount brake light) to the multi function switch, or the multi function switch itself. I tried a second multifunction switch (new airtex 1S7909), and the problem is still there. My next step is to start checking voltages up to the multifunction switch.

My question is this (assuming my troubleshooting so far is right): can I reconnect the battery without the Steeringwheelcontrol module, steeringwheel, and airbag installed, or is the car going to go crazy without them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you can connect without anything installed but you will get warning lights upon battery connection.

Welcome from Markham, Ontario.

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Trufiber hood / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Rebadged by Nate / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300)
    Thanks Ahhhh thanked for this post
    Likes Ahhhh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, BryGuy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Turns out my debugging was based on the wrong wiring diagram, but once I did some more testing and head scratching with the right diagram, I found the problem: previous owner had put v6 car taillights in my 300c (one bulb for brake and signal instead of separate bulbs). That means that I had no taillights when I bought the car, it just took a while for anyone to mention it. Now I have to find an affordable set of 300c taillights (including wiring from plug to bulb).

Edit: lucked out and found someone parting out a front end collision 300c who was only asking $40/pair for taillights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ahhhh; 10-22-2017 at 04:12 PM.