Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Help needed on lowering springs

I recently picked up a 2005 300C and wanted to change the looks of it. So I put on a set of 20"SRT8 rims on it. Problem is, it's sits as high as a truck and looks silly to me. I want to lower it about 2" all around to give it a more aggressive stance. What springs will do this properly without making it ride like a tank. I do realize that I am taking away from the travel the struts will have from stock ride height, so I'm not looking for a miracle in a box, I know it won't ride the same over bumps. With that being said, please aid me in what you guys are using, and also post a picture of your car with it on if you have one. I would like to see a visual of how it would look like. Before someone says use the search feature. I have tried it 100X and the search feature does not work for what ever reason on my computer using Firefox. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This is my car at the factory ride height with my SRT8 rims
    2005 Chrysler 300C

Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend coil-overs, stock struts will prematurely fail on lowering springs. Plus you can raise it up a little for winter...
    I'm on street edge coil-overs. Here is my summer and winter ride heights

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Likes BM_SRT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I'll be switching to coil overs soon. I'll sell you my full srt struts and springs if u want. 165k kms. Will lower about 1". Did u get the water sound in the dash figured out?
    Last edited by BryGuy; 02-17-2017 at 06:44 PM.

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / VIP300 bonnet spoiler / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Rebadged by Nate / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300)

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the eibach pro sys plus (sways springs/strut)
    lower 2 " in front and 1.8 rear..

Sonce were on the topic.. which is better - coilovers or a nice spring/shock combo from a reputable company?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
    Mike, I'll be switching to coil overs soon. I'll sell you my full srt struts and springs if u want. 165k kms. Will lower about 1". Did u get the water sound in the dash figured out?
    Hi Bryan, no I have not done anything with the car as of yet. Since last we talked, I just put a cover over it and parked it for the winter. Just trying to gather some parts to make it look cosmetically appealing. I got some 275/40R/20's for the back and some 245/45R/20's for the front so far to install in the spring. Looking for the lowering springs, the SRT8 spoiler for the back trunk and a lower chin spoiler for the front.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have eibach sportlines on koni str orange shocks, its pretty stiff but i do not regret it and i only scrape in really steep driveways.
    Likes beardedsrt300 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny06, how did your car align after? I just picked a set of Sportlines for my 300 and curious how it worked out for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    The car alligns just like stock i just had to buy adjustable upper control arms for the front and offset camber bushings for the rear. I had to pay to have the rear bushings installed while getting my allignment done, it cost about an additional $300

Post Thanks / Like
    Eibach sportlines with koni orange shocks and struts will get you 2"

Or KWv2 or BC coil overs with adjustable dampening.

Or just go bags

Or all out with bag overs

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    2006 AWD Inferno Red R/T magnum - SOLD Aug 2016

2007 Steel Blue SXT magnum - 300 CSRT front end, 300 SRT dash, R/T brakes, R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Vortech V3 supercharger, Trufiber carbon fiber hood, MSRT wheels, air ride, KWv2 Coil Overs, carbon fiber and billet under hood goodies, rear hatch mod, Intune, LED Concepts halos, tinted windows, 22" black Velocity wheels
    Future mods: Leather seat covers or SRT seats, stereo work, woor floor trunk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going with the Eibach Sportline spring for a 1 to 1.5" drop all around. Don't want it pounded to the ground, and at the same time, I'm not looking for the Joe Dirt look either. This is just my daily, so I don't want to invest a lot of money into this car. Just want it looking like a clean stock SRT8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ttype View Post
    I'm going with the Eibach Sportline spring for a 1 to 1.5" drop all around. Don't want it pounded to the ground, and at the same time, I'm not looking for the Joe Dirt look either. This is just my daily, so I don't want to invest a lot of money into this car. Just want it looking like a clean stock SRT8.
    Check out eBay for Manzo springs, they are the cheapest you can get and apparently are the same spring as Megan racing, I had eibach proline on my car for a couple years both rear springs broke a coil so replaced it with Manzo. It's a 1.5" drop but you could get 2" out of it if you remove the isolators and wrap the top and bottom coil with rad hose.
    Thanks ttype thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good choice for a mild drop. You can still use the factory shocks and struts. The rear looks like it is sitting up a little, do you have regular shocks or the nivomat self leveling shocks?

The SRT wheels look wide in the picture. Is your car RWD or AWD? On a RWD, they should tuck in more than the stock wheels. Normally you need to use spacers in the front for the tire to clear the spindle.

If your car is AWD then there are some limitations you need to consider.

Post Thanks / Like
    My car is rear wheel drive. I had to put 3mm spacers on the rears because I have 275/40R20's all around, and they rubbed slightly on the inside front portion of the rear wheel well. I'm not sure if the rear struts are self leveling or not. The car does have every option possible for that year. Is there a way to identify what set of struts I have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Post a pic of the rear shocks and I'll let you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a way to identify what set of struts I have?
    Here you go. I was able to find a pic of the two different styles here on LXF. The Nivomat self leveling rear shock is the one on the top

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread