Post Thanks / Like

Water Pump Timing Belt

Some how I have my timing marks off. What do I do to get them lined back up? Justb keep turning the engine over, and how do you get the bolt out.
    93 Diablo Tune, CAI, True Dual CatBack, Police Brake Upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look here. Pics are gone but some good info.

3.5 Timing belt replacement w PICS < LONG >

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Trufiber hood / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Rebadged by Nate / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at that how to along with a video. But it doesn't state how to realign the timing marks after you f them up. We should start a After you f up how to fix forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    How far are your marks off?

Post Thanks / Like
    At tdc the drivers 1.5 notches to the right and the other is 1 notch off to the left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pull the belt, reload the pin on the tensioner and try to move driver side to line up and pass side 1 tooth to left of mark. Then install belt and release tensioner again.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I am working on now. Thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated. After further review both cam marks are a notch to the left.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I can move the cams a notch with the tensioner off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have everything line back up. How do I keep the cams from moving when putting the tensioner in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I digging around for pictures I took when I did this a couple of years ago... On the inside of the right side sprocket at the 10-11 o'clock position there is a bolt or a threaded hole that you can hold the sprocket in place if you run a bolt through a 1/2in-5/8in(??) deep socket .

[EDIT]
    found it... I guess it's actually closer to 9:00
    Last edited by beirutbob; 10-09-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone, got it taken care of. I was being to cautious about the movement of the cams. You can move them just always toward the right. And use an impact with a uneversial socket to take the bolt off.Then you can put the balancer back on. Called up an old buddy name Dan who was very helpful. he use to do these for me, then he upped and move away on me.
    Last edited by RMF419; 10-09-2017 at 02:58 PM.