Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Changed the oil with Mobil 1 last week and it still has the tick....

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Exhaust leak or maybe just loud injectors?

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / Trufiber hood / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / Trufiber hood / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Rebadged by Nate / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr600srad View Post
    I just put new rocker assemblies on my 3.5l and I still get the loud ticking at startup. Its cold here also 15 degrees yesterday. Once it warms up sounds great. Im running the walmart syn oil in it. Just changed it this weekend. probably change it out to 5w mobil one like some suggested. I only have 5 miles on the car since replacing them though. My old ones were a little bit louder , kinda mad I just dropped 500 on the set , im just trying to sell the car haven't even registered it yet . lol Did changing the oils help yours out??
    All I know is that when I started using 5w-30 instead of 10w-30 like it calls for, the startup tick almost vanished for me.
    2005 Chrysler 300 Limited - 76,000 miles. Bone stock except for window tint 35% front 20% rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping this up because in post 26, I mentioned that my ticking went away with Mobil1 and has been quiet since. I changed my oil yesterday and used the last of my Castrol Edge 0W40 and sure enough today, the tick is back as it was before. Its a loud tick as well. I wouldnt have thought that 2 oils of the same viscosity would have such different and noticeable outcomes if I didnt hear/experience it for myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BryGuy, the Castrol Edge 0W40 is German/Belgium imported oil which is a "true" synthetic from Europe. Should really be great oil from what I know. You should post your experience at "Bob is the oil Guy" forum, those guys are the guru's of motor oil. Let us know what they come up with!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread