Post Thanks / Like

Best Perfomrace from custom exhaust?

I have a 2011 300 limited 3.6 with the factory 2-1-2 exhaust

I feel like Ive watched every Charger/Challenger/300 exhaust video and read every forum post I can find but still have some questions that hopefully some one can answer. Every video seems to be more about Drone / what they sound like and little to do with how performance is affected or why they chose that particular setup. I'm not looking for huge gains or anything, I know this is just a 3.6 after all and I don't have a tuner at this time. But not looking for any real power loss either, there have been people complaining about loss of low end torque in some setups. One thing Ive noticed is that they are all pretty much the same with a few small differences. Everyone has deleted the rear and mid exhaust and typically replaced the mids with a muffler of their choice.

Is there any real performance gained when upgrading from the 2-1-2 to a 2-2-2 or would I be better off keeping it simple(option 1&2) or with a hybrid of the the two(option 3)

Here are my options as I know them:

1. Just replace the single Mid Muffler and run straights, Leaving the Y pipes alone

2. Replace the Mid Muffler with a Single In/Dual Out and run straights deleting the rear Y

3. Have a X pipe installed ran to a Dual In/Dual Out mid muffler and run straights

4. Have a X pipe installed and put Dual Mid Mufflers and straights out the back

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Solo exhaust on my 21016 SXT Plus that I am really pleased with, they you sound phase technology to virtually eliminate the Drone, I like the sound and I think I have seen a little difference in performance. This year as Muscle Cars at the strip My times were slightly lower but it was a lot hotter. If you want the sound of a V8 this is definitely not the exhaust for you , but if you want it to sound like a performance V^ and not like a Japanese car, this may be the exhaust for you.
    If you Google for sound bites - most are very close to the actual sound, very quiet at idle, comes alive under throttle
    Kahuna1
    "The Legendary Mad-Six"
    Debadged and Rebadged "Hemi Less" SXT/6, Rally Stripes, Tinted Windows, Side Stripes(SXT-6), Front Spoiler, Daytona Rear Wing, R/T Exhaust (Reso Delete), 20" Torq Thrusts II, Black Car/Black Stripes/Black Wheels/ Blue Accents, Big Bully CAI, Billet by "Grumpy", Engine Bay Lighting, Drake Underhood Dress Up Kit, Modified Metal MOPAR shifter, Blacked Out Tails

Post Thanks / Like
    Your hp/weight ratio is horrific. Honestly don't modify it... That will decrease value. Sell it and get a hemi. If your just doing it for noise and no hp gain then keep the factory exhaust and have something else welded up. Then put factory exhaust on when ready to sell.
    2009 300c heritage edition/brilliant black/104000 miles/bone stock

Homerrca is offline I might not be fast but I sure look good
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I wanted a bit more noise and to personalize my car, I watched video after video and read any reviews I could find. It was pretty easy since there were not a lot out there but I went with Solo and never looked back. There have been some HEMI owners that have come up and complemented on how my exhaust sounds. A few folks have asked what it sounds like and I say it's a mix of American muscle and a bit of European. Its a unique sound that makes me smile.

If you can though, try to find some vehicles that have had their exhausts done and go for a drive. On some of the other forums, the V6 folks post videos but they all sound the same to me. When you are looking, check out their reviews for drone. Thankfully I have never had it but but been in a car that had drone (not a LX) and it sucked.

Good luck and enjoy your ride.
    Homerrca - AKA: Mike

Current Vehicle:
    2011 Blackberry Dodge Charger SXT

MODS: 80% tint all around, R2C CAI, BT Catch can, MM Ported TB, 20" Foose Speed F136 rims, Solo catback exhaust with quad tips. RT rear spoiler,
    , Diablosport trinity, Mopar blue piping around doors, Custom headlights with Quad projectors from Spencer (halo projector rings), BMC Road runner Hood , Danko 70" Charger grill, R1 Concepts Rotors, Sequential Tail Lights, 91 Oct tune by Overkill

Soon to be added: I have no idea... Maybe a supercharger