» Sponsored Ad Left
As if you needed one more reason to buy a new Challenger but this one might be the one that helps me convince Mrs MagnumClub. At 707 HP is 5 stars enough? Unfortunately, I imagine at least a couple of people will test these ratings out. (Editor' note: LXForums highly recommends enrolling in the SRT Experience before stomping on the gas of your new Hellcat. You don't want to be "that guy" who fishtails into a light pole in the grocery store parking lot. It'll show up on YouTube and your neighbors will think you're a tool and your kids will be embarrassed and your wife will say "I told you so", etc. etc. Trust me i have some experience here).
Press release below from Mama Mopar....
All-new 2015 Dodge Challenger Earns Five-Star Overall Safety Rating From U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- 2015 Dodge Challenger coupe earns five stars overall, the highest possible score in NHTSA’s safety rating program
- More than 70 safety and security features, including new for 2015 class-exclusive Forward Collision Warning, adaptive cruise control, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
- All-new 2015 Dodge Challenger starts at $26,995 (excluding tax, destination and title)
December 18, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The all-new 2015 Dodge Challenger has earned a five-star overall safety rating from the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Five stars is the highest possible safety rating given by NHTSA.
“The new Dodge Challenger coupe further demonstrates our commitment to broaden the proliferation of advanced safety technologies, such as driver-assist features,” says Scott Kunselman, Senior Vice President-Vehicle Safety and Regulatory, FCA-North America.
In its assessment of the new Challenger, NHTSA notes the availability of Forward Collision Warning (FCW), which features forward-facing sensors programmed to detect the potential for certain types of frontal collisions. If detected, the driver is alerted with visual and audible warnings.
The 2015 Dodge Challenger is the only car in its segment with such capability.
FCW is among more than 70 available safety and security features on the 2015 Dodge Challenger. Others include Blind-Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Path Detection, which was pioneered by FCA US LLC.
Among the individual crash-tests in which the Challenger scored five stars were front- and side-impacts.
“The 2015 Challenger checks all the boxes,” Kunselman says. “It affords premium safety and security in a stylish package that delivers a sporty driving experience.”
And it does so for $26,995, excluding tax, destination and title.
Building on the 2014-model’s legacy of honors that include Edmunds.com’s Best Retained Value Award and winner three years’ running J.D. Power’s APEAL Award for overall ownership enjoyment, the 2015 Dodge Challenger ups its game with:
Last month, the Challenger recorded its best-ever November sales total with 4,157 deliveries. That’s a 52-percent jump compared with the same month in 2013.
- New 1971-inspired exterior and interior design features
- An unmatched array of personalization options, including a wide range of colors, stripes and wheels to create the perfect combination of fun, nostalgia and power
- Segment-first and segment-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, which delivers world-class precision and up to an 11 percent improvement in fuel economy, compared with the outgoing gearbox
- Significant new technology upgrades such as the all-new Uconnect Access system with standard touchscreen, standard new 7-inch multi-view TFT gauge cluster, new performance electronic shifter, Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start.
A new name for Chrysler. This seems vaguely familiar......
Chrysler Group LLC Announces New Company Name: FCA US LLC
U.S.-based Automaker’s New Name Aligns With Global Parent
December 16, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC, the Auburn Hills, Michigan-based automaker, today announced that it has changed its company name to FCA US LLC.
The name change is effective immediately and follows the naming convention of its global parent company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA), which officially adopted its new name in October when it listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The name change to FCA US LLC does not affect the company’s headquarters location in Auburn Hills, Michigan, its holdings, management team, board or brands.
FCA US, together with parent FCA, continues to work toward the business plan presented on Investor Day in May 2014. Additionally, the Company remains proud of its joint heritage. FCA US continues to build upon the solid foundations first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925 as well as a rich Fiat heritage that dates from 1899.
FCA US employs more than 77,000 employees worldwide, with 96 percent of its workforce based in North America. FCA US operates 36 manufacturing facilities, including 23 in the United States, six in Canada and seven in Mexico
I think this is an example where the suits and designers at Chrysler actually listened to us enthusiasts and moved the design back in the direction of the big, bold style that we all loved with the first gen Chrysler 300 that we saw back in 2005. Welcome home.
New 2015 Chrysler 300: Return of the Big, Bold American Sedan with World-class Levels of Sophistication, Craftsmanship and Technology, Once Again Putting Boulevards and Interstates On Notice
The new 2015 Chrysler 300 highlights six decades of ambitious American ingenuity through iconic design proportions inspired by historic 1955 and 2005 models – world-class quality, materials and refinement, best-in-class V-6 highway fuel economy, plus segment-exclusive innovations – all at the same $31,395 starting price as its predecessor
Auburn Hills, Mich., Nov 19, 2014 -
- New Chrysler 300 sedan’s iconic and unmistakable exterior proportions are now crafted with even more sculptural and expressive style for 2015, with a bolder “face of Chrysler” front grille, signature LED lighting, unique finishes and new wheel designs
- New Chrysler 300C Platinum model features quilted Nappa leather, hand-sanded wood, ultra-premium Poltrona Frau leather-wrapped instrument panel and console, plus platinum-chrome exterior details and 20-inch wheels – all at an attainable value
- All-new interior design elements include a standard 7-inch full-color driver information display (DID) and class-exclusive electronic rotary transmission shifter, plus Chrysler brand’s new three-spoke steering wheel with larger vehicle controls and available die-cast paddle shifters
- Class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, now standard on every model, balances V-8 performance with segment-leading 31 mpg highway fuel efficiency
- Best-in-class V-6 highway fuel economy with 3.6-liter Pentastar engine
- Best-in-class V-6 and V-8 driving range
- Unsurpassed V-6 combined fuel economy
- Up to 6 percent fuel economy improvement, plus improved acceleration and refinement, with 363 horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology
- New 2015 Chrysler 300 Limited provides customers the most standard appointments in the nameplate's 60-year history, including the TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission, heated leather seating, Uconnect with voice commands and the segment's largest 8.4-inch touchscreen, SiriusXM Radio, full-color DID cluster, five-year/100,000 mile warranty coverage with roadside assistance and more – starting at $31,395
- New 2015 Chrysler 300S model features unique blacked-out accents, large 20-inch Hyper Black finish wheels, more athletically sculpted side sills, unique deck-lid spoiler and a higher output Pentastar V-6 engine with 300 horsepower and 264 lb.-ft. of torque, plus Sport mode and paddle-shifting capabilities now as quick as 250 milliseconds
- New for 2015, the "Sport" button enables sport-tuned steering; pedal, engine and transmission calibration; plus rear-biased torque on AWD models for more dynamic handling
- New suite of Uconnect features, including the award-winning Uconnect Access system, Uconnect Access services with roadside assistance, theft-alarm notification, voice texting, the latest 3-D navigation on the segment’s largest 8.4-inch touchscreen and the ability to turn the Chrysler 300 into a Wi-Fi hotspot
- New advanced technological solutions include electric power steering and cast-aluminum axles and housing to reduce energy demand, weight and parasitic friction
- More than 80 available safety and security features, including new for 2015 Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus with Full Stop, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist and 9-1-1 call/Assist Call
- Production for the new 2015 Chrysler 300 sedan begins in the fourth quarter of 2014 at the Brampton (Ontario) Assembly Plant in Canada
With roots that include the breakthrough 1955 and 2005 models, the new 2015 Chrysler 300 takes the nameplate’s style and... [Read More]
Welcome to our newest LX Enthusiast, JTipton75
» LxForums Classifieds
» Sponsored Ad